Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so embarrassed.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 74 Replies
I went to my six year olds first grade Valentine party today. It was from 1-2. When the party was over I needed him to go home with me because I had to go pick up his sisters and I wouldn't make it home in time for the bus. Well he had a complete melt down. Threw a total hissy fit. Screaming, crying, kicking things melt down. We sat there for half an hour while he threw his fit. I told him his options were going home with me abd that was it. I explained to him why he had to go with me but he wouldn't stop. His teacher tried to talk to him, one of the aides tried and he just wouldn't stop. I couldn't carry him out. He weighs fifty pounds and when I tried to pick him up he started kicking. Then he decided he wanted to go to computers, his teacher said I could go with him but at that point I decided if I let him it would be rewarding his behavior. Finally after almost thirty five minutes he stopped crying, looked at me and told me he guessed he would go with me. So we walked out and he was fine. I guess he is having these fits 1-2 times a week at school. I'm so embarrassed and I have no idea what to do. I honestly would have spanked him if he acted like that at home but you can't do that in school.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:27 PM
Yes, you can spank him in school.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:29 PM

You did the exact right thing.

And why would you have spanked him?  Letting them pitch their fits and not giving in is what they need, NOT to be hit.  I bet he won't do that again either, because now he know it won't work. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:31 PM
If he throws fits at home a quick wack to the butt is enough to snap him back to reality. He seriously lacks impulse control and physically feeling something seems to pull him back into reality.

Quoting Anonymous:

You did the exact right thing.

And why would you have spanked him?  Letting them pitch their fits and not giving in is what they need, NOT to be hit.  I bet he won't do that again either, because now he know it won't work. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:32 PM
Yea, not where we live. They would have probably called cps and not let me take him home.

Quoting Anonymous: Yes, you can spank him in school.
mommybear91
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:36 PM
Im not trying to upset you in anyway so please don't take this wrong but, have you had him evaluated For autism Because my nephew Has those Screaming fights and I know I know just because he screams doesn't mean he is. But it might be something to reconsider Maybe?!
indymom72
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:39 PM

I thought this too...

Quoting mommybear91: Im not trying to upset you in anyway so please don't take this wrong but, have you had him evaluated For autism Because my nephew Has those Screaming fights and I know I know just because he screams doesn't mean he is. But it might be something to reconsider Maybe?!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:40 PM
He doesn't show any other signs. He is very social, average intelligence, no stims or anything like that.

Quoting mommybear91: Im not trying to upset you in anyway so please don't take this wrong but, have you had him evaluated For autism Because my nephew Has those Screaming fights and I know I know just because he screams doesn't mean he is. But it might be something to reconsider Maybe?!
mommybear91
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:41 PM
Yea my nephew Has the less severe Kind and one night we were playing he was laughing and having an awesome time and started screaming we couldn't get him to stop for like 30 :-(

Quoting indymom72:

I thought this too...

askyourmother
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Why were you reasoning with him? Snatch his ass up and get him in the car!
mommybear91
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:43 PM
Hun when my nephew Was 3 he knew how to type big words out on the computer some autistic Kids are
super smart.

Quoting Anonymous: He doesn't show any other signs. He is very social, average intelligence, no stims or anything like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)