Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got called "Sir" at work today.

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:28 PM
  • 49 Replies

I haven't been mistakenly called "Sir" since I was in MCJROTC (Marine Corps Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps) in high school! I know it was probably an honest mistake, but it still didn't help my ego much. Blargh...

Anyone else here ever been mistaken for a guy?

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:29 PM
No, I'm sorry that happened. :( I did get asked the other day if I was pregnant though. I'm definitely not.
Missdameanor
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:29 PM
Not even once, but here's a bump!
SexyBurlapSack
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:30 PM

My slightly senile FIL asked me if I was pregnant once. I still have some pudge from my last pregnancy, so I didn't hold it against him.

Quoting LilysMama719: No, I'm sorry that happened. :( I did get asked the other day if I was pregnant though. I'm definitely not.

Texor
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:31 PM

When I was a kid and had a HORRIBLE hair cut.  Sucks.  Sorry that happened.

slw123
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:31 PM

No, but I accidently called a woman sir before.  She really really didn't look like a woman and I was never so embarrassed in my life.  She was wearing a plaid mens shirt, blue jeans, belt with a big ole belt buckle, work boots, had short hair, no makeup and wearing a truckers hat....and had an ambiguous voice.  I really felt terrible, but I didn't know.

TrueTrophyWife
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:31 PM
Never. I'm too feminine for that ever to happen.
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:32 PM
Aww, at least he has an excuse.

Quoting SexyBurlapSack:

My slightly senile FIL asked me if I was pregnant once. I still have some pudge from my last pregnancy, so I didn't hold it against him.

Quoting LilysMama719: No, I'm sorry that happened. :( I did get asked the other day if I was pregnant though. I'm definitely not.

NowImAMom...
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:32 PM
There's a customer that comes in, he's always obnoxiously rude, he calls me sir, and his way of correcting it is "oh. Well, I mean, it doesn't matter."
catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:33 PM

No. Sorry that happened.. :o( 

Mystic.Falls
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:33 PM

YES

I was wearing black pants and a white dress shirt(standard for where I worked). Sometimes I wore pants and sometimes not. Anyhow, I was so small and not very curvy. My back was turned and someone said "sir". I had short hair at the time as well.

I wasn't mad or anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)