Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love my DH but.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

he doesn't have a romantic bone in his body. He got me a potted plant from Walmart for Valentine's Day. It was a little potted plant with like 2 flowers. I don't want a potted plant. I have killed every plant I have ever touched and I have no where to put it. He told me he was going to get me flowers and I was so excited because it is very rare. I was going to put them in the middle of the table and instead he got a small potted plant. I acted like I like it, but I am a little let down. He is not romantic at all and sometimes I wish he was.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Does he work hard?  Provide for you and your children?  Is he a good father? Does he love you? 

That's all pretty damn romantic.  Maybe it's your definition of "romance" that need work, not his lack of it.

TLCGH
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:45 PM

what you get him?

-_-
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:45 PM
5 moms liked this
They're so cute when they try!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheFairest
by Mother of Dragons on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:46 PM
Lol

Quoting -_-: They're so cute when they try!
CABZS
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Goodness get a cute little vase & plant it in there & water it.  Chances are you knew he wasn't romantic before you married him.

Whatever happened to the thought that counts?  Be happy he remembered? Be happy you  have someone?

I love my DH and I use to love Vday but dang so many just gripe about this day, takes the fun out of it.

kiwiskiwi29
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Eh at least he got you something and if he is a good man what's the big deal? I guess I can't really understand because I'm not romantic either. I'm happy with just a simple card. I get very uncomfortable if things are too mushy. Sorry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:47 PM

you people need to grow the hell up. im sure you knew he was not romantic when you married him so you shouldn't except him to miraculously change over night. be grateful you got anything....

GwenW
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:47 PM

So talk to him about it. How is he supposed to know that you want romance unless you tell him?

Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL, well... technically, he got you flowers, lol. All jokes aside, though, I am sorry to hear you were disappointed :( I am sure he meant well.

LovingLife88
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:48 PM
I would be happy he tried!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)