Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 year old only drinks caffeine

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 83 Replies
1 mom liked this

I know I will be bashed to hell and back but my family only drinks soda. Coke, Dr pepper and mt dew. And so when DD was about 9 months old, she wanted what we were drinking and to drink from our cups. It was a pain in the ass to have to give her drinks from our glasses or straws so we would pour some into her bottle. Shortly after, she stopped drinking her juice and we never ever gave her just plain water, or mt dew. 

Now, she is almost 3 and ONLY drinks soda during the day and milk at night.

She will look in her cup and if its not the color of soda, she throws it and will not drink it. People tell me to give her milk through the day, and I dont wanna do that because she already drinks too much milk at night. The doctor says she should drink between 8-16 ounces of milk a day, and just from 8pm-8am (when shes in bed) she drinks 20-30 ounces of milk.

I don't know how to cut her back. I'm not going to be mean and just take it away all the sudden, shes been drinking it for 3 years, everyday. And that would be equivilent to forcing someone to give up their cigarettes or alcoholic to give up alcohol overnight. 

I know it was wrong, but my family, and I just gave her some out of ours and it turned into this.

Any legit advice on how to cut her back when she refuses any other kind of drink?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:55 PM
3 moms liked this

yeah...QUIT BUYING THE SHIT

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:56 PM
2 moms liked this

Yeah, stop fucking giving it to her. You're a dumb ass. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:56 PM

You're the parent. Tell her it's not healthy to drink soda. My daughter at age 4 will refuse to eat too much candy, she knows better.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:56 PM
0.o
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:56 PM

If you don't buy it, she won't drink it. I was hoping this post was not real.

greenlove2013
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:57 PM
Wow your a horrible mom
SeymoreButts
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:57 PM
Holy crap that's awful!

And just stop cold turkey. And you should cut back too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow... You're concerned with giving her too much milk but are perfectly fine with giving her soda? What the hell is wrong with you?

Tell her no and stop buying it. Man, her teeth are going to rot and all that sugar is horrible. 

Leigh84
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:58 PM
2 moms liked this
Don't give it to her. She'll be mad, she'll just have to get over it. You will have to deal with it.
TheSilence
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't even have words for you. Honestly your child should be taken from you.
You are a sorry excuse for a 'mother' poor child!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)