Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

EBT question?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
About 2 weeks ago my s/o's brother approached him and gave him so sad story about not having any food (but they went and bought a rental bed for $35/mo). S/o STUPIDLY allowed his brother and the brother's girlfriend to borrow his EBT card. We have been asking for it back, but they make excuses "oh I left it at home." It only had $18 on it when it gave it to them, and I believe it is getting cut off next month (it comes in on the 17th and after this month we won't need it anymore) but I still want them to give the card back. I don't want them trying to renew benifits on it. S/o is too nice to ask for it back.

I know his SS # and the card #. If I called and reported it lost or stolen, would they allow me to do it if I told them I was his girlfriend and that he asked me to do it?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:21 PM
B
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:22 PM
u
mom2_2542
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:22 PM
Bump I don't know. But probably not if its his and you're not on the card.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:23 PM
I think you should delete this post.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:25 PM
I might be on the card, I was at one time. He claimed he took me off, or was going to, but he might not have.

Quoting mom2_2542: Bump I don't know. But probably not if its his and you're not on the card.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:25 PM
I would report it lost so they will deactivate it and send your s/I another one. Also they can't renew his benefits without knowing all of his personal information and they would need to receive the renewal letter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:25 PM
Why?

Quoting Anonymous: I think you should delete this post.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:26 PM
They know his information and I believe they could get the renewal letter if they wanted to badly enough.

Quoting Anonymous: I would report it lost so they will deactivate it and send your s/I another one. Also they can't renew his benefits without knowing all of his personal information and they would need to receive the renewal letter.
LaughCryLive
by Emerald Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:27 PM

He can't renew benefitson a card unless he turns in all his paperwork. They will know that card doesn't belong to him. Just cancel the card.

hautemama83
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:27 PM
He would have to report it stolen. Also they can't renew benefits with just the card.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)