Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think my CO-Worker is jealous!

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:21 PM
  • 10 Replies

Im in my 20's and my co-worker is in her 70's. She always is saying crazy stuff or looking at me when the guys my nice comments about my oufits or just is never happy about somethings. I cant help my age but I just kill it with kindness when she say things b/c I think deep down she wish maybe she could go back to her 20's. But what should I do ??

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sfigu16
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

like what?

ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:22 PM

nothing. i'd ignore it all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:23 PM
Ignore it. She'll run out of fuel for her jealousy fire eventually. I went through the same thing when I transferred to another store. All of a sudden this coworker wasn't the pretty one anymore and she hated it.
mjgm1966
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you should be nice and respectful.  I'm sure she thinks about the "good old days".  We'll all be there one day....the Good Lord Willing...and we'll wish we had a kind young soul being sweet to us.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:25 PM

I'm 23 and the youngest at my job next to a women who is 35. Happens to me too, let her be a bitter bitch that is angry that she can't go back in time. Continue doing you.

abecee
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:25 PM

I don't think she is jealous.  I think maybe she is concerned about your work ethic.

Alyssasmommy412
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Ignore it, if this person is in her 70's she is set in her ways and when she was your age things were a lot different.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Many older people, for whatever reason, just say what they're thinking, so it's not jealousy, it's her having no one to impress, and not caring if people are offended by her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:33 PM
What is she saying to you specifically? Does it have to do with professionalism or is it personal?

I used to work with an older woman who would make a lot of mean comments about my age, weight, and looks on a daily basis. For example, she would often say that guys must pay attention to me just because I'm young and pretty but that it would go away someday (no idea Wtf she was talking about, I'm not particularly pretty nor do I have men throwing themselves at me).

Well, it turns out that's an HR issue so your coworker does need to be careful about what she says, where she says it, and who she says it around. It could cost her her job if it's not work-appropriate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:36 PM

I can't imagine EVER being jealous of someone in the their 20's. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)