Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

she got a paddling at school and...edit

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:28 PM
  • 239 Replies
3 moms liked this
At home.

Dd8 made a very bad choice today. During lunch one of her classmates apparently talked dd into making a ranch packet explode and the ranch landed on another boy. Covering his face, hair, clothes. As soon as she did it she knew she was in trouble. Her teacher called me. Both girls were very upfront and honest about what happened. The other girl thought the whole thing was funny and kept saying she wouldn't be in trouble. I could hear her laughing as I spoke to the teacher and dd. The girl's mother and I went to school together. I have coached her tball, girls club team and basketball team. I know this child. She gets away with murder. Her mother called me and asked what I had heard and I told her. I also told her I let them paddle dd. She said she was going to let them paddle her dd. Okay that's fine. I don't really care what punishment they give the other girl.

I am so upset and disappointed in dd. Her dad is on his way home and was gonna surprise her with a movie night and flowers and candy. Now he isn't. He is still coming home (he must come see me cause I'm important too lol) but no presents. Right now she is in her room. I'm going to go start up the grill and start getting supper ready.

Edit

Dh decided to bring her home a surprise besides himself. She had no idea he was even coming home. They went outside and played basketball and talked and even drew all over the court with chalk. She didn't care to watch a movie but they stayed outside pasted dark and even looked up at the stars. Well we all did.

She doesn't hate me or her teacher or the principal. These people are not strangers to us. They have been in our lives since I was little so well before dd came along. They have attended major life events and small ones as well. They are an extended part of the family. I even asked dd if she felt spanking was wrong and her words were. "No. I knew what I was doing was wrong but I did it anyways because I wanted B to like me. I also knew it would get on D but did it anyways." As far as her staying in her room it's what we have always done. You get in trouble you go and sit in your room till you are not crying or mad or whatever.

She isnt going to turn into some emotional disturbed person for being spanked. She isn't being beat. Trust me I know full well what it is to be beat by your parents. Three licks isn't that bad. Even more so when it's done by hand. It's very legal in my state for the school to spank but they do call beforehand.

You might not agree with it and that's fine but I'm not going to call you a bad parent for doing something I disagree with or saying you are abusing your child for doing something I don't agree with. You can call me names and question my parenting but it won't change it. I'm off to bed since dd has been tucked in by dh and read a story and sleeping peaceful with her dog and apparently my dog as well.
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlemoments99
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:30 PM
2 moms liked this

It sounds like it was an accident. Kids don't always know or think about how their actions will turn out. I think you are being a little too harsh with her. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:30 PM
Wow.
momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:30 PM
I'm waiting for the day my dd tries this. I work at her school, too. She'd better think twice!
flcowgrl23
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:32 PM
3 moms liked this

I really hope you take this chance to talk with her about peer pressure.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:32 PM
9 moms liked this

Who exactly paddles the children? Principal? Have you seen the paddle? This is outrageous to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:32 PM
11 moms liked this

So she is being punished 3 times?  And I doubt she meant to get ranch on the other kid. 

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:33 PM
4 moms liked this
..... nobody would paddle my kid. I can see being mildly upset, but not "so disappointed"
bamamommy2009
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Kids will be kids but I think you did the right thing. i would question letting her be around that other girl if her parents doesn't get her straight

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:34 PM
4 moms liked this

She knew it was a mistake and she admitted it, so why the need for the spanking? Serious question. 

I am a firm believer in learning from their mistakes and she sounds like she learned her lesson without the spanking. 

Oh and I would NEVER let someone from their school lay a hand on my kids. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:34 PM

I don't think you are being to harsh at all. She needs to learn there are consequences to your actions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)