Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"I'm never having kids!"

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:35 PM
  • 36 Replies
That's what my sister said today after dd took the cup in the bath and poured it down the front of my sister's shirt. Df laughed at her and said "I said the same thing. Now look at me. A 2 yr old and another on the way."

Did you or your SO ever say you were never having kids? I didn't, but future MIL and SIL both told me df swore he was never having kids.
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I was pretty comfortable with the idea of never having kids. DH, wasn't. It took us 9 years to have DS.
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this

i said i was never having kids..i do not like children.when i did end up pregnant,i was worried i wouldnt be maternal.my son is 10,and i love him to death.hes the only kid i have though.more than one,id be going crazy..

OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I am pretty sure DS2 cured his aunt of any maternal thoughts - he tossed a ball of poo at her :)

I knew I would have kids - just didn't plan on having the husband to go with them.  I got both :)

Hanab818
by ThePonds on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
My sil says that. But shes only 16
Ashley1113
by Ashlashbash on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:40 PM
Hahaha yeah dd has probably made any thoughts of children disappear for good from my sister's mind. She's peed on her, thrown poop at her, thrown up on her, and countless other things.

Quoting OneAllergicMama:

I am pretty sure DS2 cured his aunt of any maternal thoughts - he tossed a ball of poo at her :)

I knew I would have kids - just didn't plan on having the husband to go with them.  I got both :)

Moonbabylove
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:40 PM
3 moms liked this
I always said I would never have kids. That I was going to travel the world saving starving kids and planting rain forests.
Then I fell in love.
And my uterus started aching.
I saw babies and families at every turn.
And BAM...pregnant :) Don't regret a thing.
kristen0812
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I let my sister watch my girls for 20 minutes while I ran to the store because she thought she was ready to babysit on her own and wanted me to trust her. 5 minutes in I get a text 'I thought I could handle this but I can't, please come home'. I get home and all she kept saying was 'I'm never having kids, like totally never ever'. I couldn't stop laughing.
Bubbie0809
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I said that for a long time. We were married 8 years before I had our first. I was 28.
Leissaintexas
by Emerald Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I wanted lots of kids from the time I was little. I grew up in a big family and every birth was celebrated as a huge event. Kids are very important to us. I can't relate to people who say they never want kids. Its a foreign concept to me.

Alyssasmommy412
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I always knew I wanted kids

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)