Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So annoyed with the V-day post on Facebook

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 106 Replies

So I'm having a crappy day/week/month.  Our car has almost died and we've been told it's not worth fixing.  We buy another cheapie to get us by and find out the transmission is bad, thought we'd found a reasonable replacement but no the auto people screwed up their computer records.  So car 1 is going to die any day and car 2 is well on its way.  No money for Valentines anything but I will deal.  All day long I see posts of flowers, chocolates, surprise cruises, and the public msg crap saying how happy and luck they are blah blah.  So what have I been doing today?  Cleaning up poop and vomit because my DD has the stomach flu.  Go me.  I just want my dh to come home, take over, and let me drown my life in cheap wine. Yes I'm whining but it's always the same.  The harder we work the less we have.  Every holiday, birthday, and special occasion.  Today's stomach flu is just another slap in the face.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:42 PM
5 moms liked this

Stay off fb?

kitty8199
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:43 PM
3 moms liked this
It's just another day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wymama610
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this
That's what you get throwing money at another cheap car. I never will understand this.
baquick
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:45 PM
Awe. Sorry about your dd! Hopefully she feels better soon!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Today is just another day, chill.

As for the 2nd car, sounds like they sold you a lemon and knew about it and tried to cover it up. Look up the lemon laws in your state.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Same here. Generally with cars, you get what you spend. I could never spend less than $6k on a car. And that's on the EXTREME low end. I prefer newer cars for reliability and warranty. Especially now that I have kids. I've had 2 brand new cars in 4 years.

Quoting wymama610: That's what you get throwing money at another cheap car. I never will understand this.
mommytoacloud
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:47 PM
This im not even getting the dinner i want in sure :(

Quoting kitty8199: It's just another day.
jaycam
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:47 PM
Im spending vday with a stomach bug, the kids and with dh on a job until god only knows when.
Bethsunshine
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Valentine's Day is not a big deal. I will be so glad when tomorrow comes so maybe everyone will complain about something else.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:48 PM
I'm in a shitty mood too and its getting worse by the second. I'm so fucking sick of hearing the god damn tv, computer, or video games. God damn, can't you PLEASE just give me a moment of peace where you go in your room and have a small amount of quiet time. I'm getting ready to blow. I need a break. And I'm avoiding fb for the rest of the day...I've seen Enough of the chocolate covered strawberries and flowers and someone even posted a video that they made for their boyfriend (of only a few months) with a love song and pictures ...lol ooookay, puke. The Only person that has told me happy vday is some moron that is just out to be friends with benefits. As soon as I replied that i wasn't doing it, he didn't say anything else. Wow.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)