Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this horrible to do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

I'm sure i'm about to get bashed for this because it's not exactly...I don't know, normal?

So my DH came home with a rose,chocolates, a letter, and a Victoria's Secret giftcard. I was so happy when I read the letter (to be honest that's all I even wanted because that's what means the most to me and he does so much for me already). I cried because it means so much to me that he took the time to write me a letter with his feelings toward me instead of jsut buying a card with someone else's words. Anyways, The gift card....It was wayyyy more than he should have spent in the first place (kind of rough time right now with his hours being cut) and I would have much rather used the money to buy stuff for our new house...Here's where it gets shi**y...I asked him if we could return it. (I didn't even see anything there I liked really even liked...)

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:50 PM

Mmmm, while I undestand completely why you did it, that was kind of a hurtful thing to do... it's never nice to return a gift. Hopefully he understands!

spunky946
by Emerald Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:53 PM

I never would think to return a thoughful gift from dh unless it was the wrong size/style.  Ts ask to return a gift card was probably very hurtful.

PoisonEyeV
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:53 PM

I wouldn't have done that :/

But you already did so, what did he say? How did he react?

I would have at least held onto it.

sweetiebell
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:54 PM
I don't think its horrible. Not like you did it behind his back. He might be hurt but he might understand too
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:56 PM
They was very thoughtful of him/ do not return the gift card that would be hurtful let the man spoil you
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:57 PM

He's seems upset now. I feel so bad...All he wanted was to do something nice for me. I tried to do it in the nicest possible way but i guess there's no way of being nice about this...UGH ;'''(

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

AnHpuresugar
by Emerald Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:57 PM
How did he respond?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:57 PM
Can't return gift cards that I know of. You could try to resell it but it would have to be less than the value on it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:58 PM
I don't believe you can return a gift card from vs anyway.
PoisonEyeV
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Well take it as a lesson I guess for next time. Be more wary of the man's feelings. He was being thoughtful and nice and you basically took a shit on him.

Quoting Anonymous:

He's seems upset now. I feel so bad...All he wanted was to do something nice for me. I tried to do it in the nicest possible way but i guess there's no way of being nice about this...UGH ;'''(

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)