Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Achieving a Natural Birth.

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:17 PM
  • 34 Replies

I was wondering if any of you ladies have tips on Achieving a Natural birth without giving into getting an epidural. My pain tolerance is very low but I feel that Getting the epidural is a bad idea and I want to be up and walking around right away after birth not waiting foe the epidural to wear off. I see and hear alot of ladies talking about reading books and taking a birth class but we dont have extra money to be during those things AND I'M WONDERING, WHAT YOU DID TO ACHIEVE A NATURAL BIRTH AND NOT GIVE IN TOO THE EPIDURAL. I'm due May 14th and I feel like I'm getting no where. Thank you in advance!!!

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:19 PM

I read everything I could get my hands on about the Bradley method.  Classes weren't an option, so I read instead.

I wasn't able to go med-free because of the circumstances, but I did go without pain meds with my second child.  A bad experience with the epidural during the birth of my first baby is what led me to want to go natural in the first place.

KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:19 PM
Labor QUICKLY. My son came 45 minutes after arriving at the hospital. I had no time to receive an epi. ;)
YzmaRocks
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:20 PM
Join one of the natural birth groups - oodles of info there!!

I always say practice, practice, practice. Practice relaxing, practice breathing, and practice different positions.
Lilith23
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:20 PM
My vagina pops them too fast for an epidural. I didn't have much choice.
And you know how you have to poop but it's so dry and painful that you wiggle on the seat to get it out....it's the same but once he's out it's like you've conquered it all!
Good luck, hope you don't tear much, and breathing doesn't help! Scream it out.
myshoes
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:21 PM
Sorry, LOVED my epidurals and my inductions all 4 times!! But here's a bump
jamamama00
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:21 PM

I was up and walking within minutes of giving birth with an epidural. They don't take long at all to wear off. And it isn't like you're going to want to jump up with the crimson river gushing out of your vag anyway. BUT if you want to go natural the key IMO is to wait until the last minute to go in to the hospital. Then you wont have a chioce.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:23 PM
The epidural had never stopped me from getting up and moving right away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:23 PM

I have a very low pain tolerance as well. I cry when I get a paper cut. however, I was able to give birth twice with no epidural. it was really painful and really hard. but somehow managed to get thru it. my son was a little bit easier. my labor with him was 8 hours. but it was more steady and tolerable. as long as I was up and moving around, it wasn't so bad. my daughter, they gave me pitocin to speed me up, and it was total hell. because of the pitocin, I was stuck in bed. they wouldn't let me even stand up or anything. it was incredibly painful. however, it was fast. my labor with her was only 4 hours. and the really really bad part was only about 30 minutes. she came really fast.

Texor
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:24 PM

I had my babies at home.

lalaballet
by Wrapper on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:24 PM
I am on my way out the door but I had four kids. Last was a c sec but other three were over 8 lbs with pitocin and no epi. I didn't do any birthing classes, I had one book I read though. I will see if I can find a link. Do you have a kindle or kindle app?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)