Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need a new cell phone *Updated*

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:32 PM
  • 25 Replies

because mine is a piece of junk and I have a little over $500 to spend.  My husband says to buy a Samsung Galaxy III (around 450 with sim card and activation) and for some reason I can't justify to myself spending that much money on a phone. I was looking at the more reasonably priced Samsung Galaxy Light (about 250 with the card and activation).   Hmm, decisions decisions...

***I made my choice and ended up buying the Galaxy s3 :)  Thanks to the people who suggested Walmart. We got two of the galaxy s3, $299 each and No-Contract (best of all). One for myself and one for my father in law. I'm happy with it and was up half the night playing with it lol. 

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:35 PM
LG G2 is the exact phone as GS4, depending on service provider, $180 (includes activation) but with contract.
PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Quoting Anonymous: LG G2 is the exact phone as GS4, depending on service provider, $180 (includes activation) but with contract.

I don't want to be stuck in a contract.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:46 PM
Okay, IDK then, thay are all expensive get one at Walmart.

Quoting PhantomRose88:

Quoting Anonymous: LG G2 is the exact phone as GS4, depending on service provider, $180 (includes activation) but with contract.

I don't want to be stuck in a contract.  

CorbinsMumma
by Emerald Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:47 PM
I bought a galaxy 4 mini from amazon for $300
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:48 PM
Ebay, Craigslist bookoo.

Verify the esn.before you buy and play with the phone for a solid five minutes first.

I loved ny s3 by the way. Hate my s4
Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:50 PM
I want that one since it has the cool button on the back for the camera. Is it bigger then the galaxy S4?

LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:50 PM

Who's your carrier?

Walmart Family Mobile (tmobile based) has the Galaxy S3 for $300, with $25 for activation. I just got one and I love the thing, just upgraded from an S2.

PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Quoting LokisMama:

Who's your carrier?

Walmart Family Mobile (tmobile based) has the Galaxy S3 for $300, with $25 for activation. I just got one and I love the thing, just upgraded from an S2.

Im with Simple Mobile currently. I'm thinking I want T-mobile again but Im heading to Walmart tomorrow so I will take a look there. What type of plan do you have?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:54 PM
The screen is a bit larger, but not by much. I barely use the back button, basically you hold it down for 3 seconds and the camera pops up, lol. It's almost quicker, to tap the phone, and access the camera.

Quoting Crymsm: I want that one since it has the cool button on the back for the camera. Is it bigger then the galaxy S4?

PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Quoting thefiregoddess: Ebay, Craigslist bookoo.

Verify the esn.before you buy and play with the phone for a solid five minutes first.

I loved ny s3 by the way. Hate my s4

Yeah, I've heard about glitches with the s4.  Everyone I know that has the 3 loves it. What is the esn?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)