Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ad doesn't even have a bed...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
So my dh got laid off a few months ago and had to take a lower paying job. He continued making cs payments based on his higher income though. Anyways bm has primary custody and moved due to an eviction a few months back. Since then (5 months ago) SD16 has had no bed to sleep on. They won't even let her sleep on the couch because SD likes to stay up late and get drunk ( he has no job). Well bm works less hours, makes more money, has less to pay in bills, and she's asking dh to buy SD a bed. He already pays cs, half medical bills, half school expenses, and half extra curricular activities.We just can't afford it right now... She could probably cut down her expenses if she didn't go out to eat everyday and buy SD beer and ciggs. Hell they don't even pay for their own groceries because SD claims to be homeless to get food stamps. He even recently added SD to his benefits (not sure how that works).... We are at a loss on what to do... Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Go for custody?  I don't think I would want my kid living in that enviornment....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:38 PM
Sd stays up to get drunk?!!
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:40 PM

If I knew my child was without a bed, I would do my best to find her one. While the adults bicker over who owes who what and who spends money on what, his DAUGHTER is still sleeping on the floor.

Craigslist. Goodwill. Habitat for Humanity. 

Split the cost. I JUST saw brand new beds at American Furnitire Warehouse for 158 bucks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)