Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Failure of public schools

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Truth.  And it's pathetic.  I see things on a daily basis written by people who are COLLEGE GRADUATES who write on about a fourth grade level. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Lilypie Maternity tickers

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Not true.

I studied Latin and Greek roots all throughout middle school and high school as well.

abecee
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:37 PM

And that is because teachers are expected to do way too many other things than TEACH academics.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:38 PM

DS is learning Greek and Latin roots. I refuse to let him be el dunce-o. Screw that crap.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:39 PM
Yep. We are parents, social workers, parole officers, referees...

Quoting abecee:

And that is because teachers are expected to do many other things that TEACH academics.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Quoting Diamepphyre:

Truth.  And it's pathetic.  I see things on a daily basis written by people who are COLLEGE GRADUATES who write on about a fourth grade level. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I started off in Community College after a couple year break after being burned out from AP and honors classes in high and middle school. The first history class I took the teacher asked how many students had never written an essay before and half the class raised their hands. Holy shit!!! I had been writing that crap since 7th or 8th grade and was a pro at BSing them too. They had never written one EVER? WTF is wrong here??

abecee
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:45 PM

As I reread my post I'm hoping you understood that is should have said..teachers are expected to do many other things than teach academics.  Its pathetic really that it falls to teachers to pick up parents failures.  I don't know how teachers get it all done.  They do the very best they can with extemely limited amount of time they can teach a subject area.  

Quoting Anonymous: Yep. We are parents, social workers, parole officers, referees...

Quoting abecee:

And that is because teachers are expected to do many other things that TEACH academics.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)