Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GET OVER IT LADIES!!!

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:38 PM
  • 140 Replies
22 moms liked this

I got nothing for valentine's day and my husband didnt get anything either, we dont have the money to buy crap for each other anyway!

Truth be told, I dont need him to get me anything, he proves how much he loves me everyday. I dont need flowers, or candy or balloons, or rings or anything else on this one day of the year, just to have proof! He loves me everyday of the year. 

He told me happy valentine's day, and told me he loved me and kissed me this morning, and that's all I need.

Im sorry that so many of you NEED your DH, or SO, to get you something and that so many of you are down and sad because you didnt get what you thought you deserved, but ALL the days of the year should count, not just this one damn day!

Im sick of the, BOO HOO, all I got was flowers, or all I got was balloons, or I wanted to go out to dinner, SHUT UP, he loves you, thats what matters! Balloons deflate, flowers die, food gets ate and pooped out, its his love that lasts, and thats what matters so knock it off ladies!

This is exactly what I got for Valentines day!  Before he left for work, my hubby pulled me in close, whispered Happy Valentines in my ear and gave me a long passionate kiss! 13 years of marriage in APril and that man still leaves me breathless and gives me goosebumps!

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LyTe684
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm eating rice and beans.

Fuck Valentines Day..... well the Hallmark version of it.

Today is my 20 year anniversary of my diabetes diagnosis.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Do people who celebrate it bug you about not celebrating?
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:41 PM
5 moms liked this

This is exactly my mantra through the years.... Except I got a Nexus tablet this year and I'm CERTAINLY not bitching hahaha xD

TygrrEyz
by Marie on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:42 PM
I woke up to a card from my bf and my son and got to sleep in. I was stuck at the hospital I work at for 3 days so seeing them was more than enough for Valentines Day!! I did get my son a small box of cinnamon cookies which he loves and will make my bf dinner and his favorite muffins but that is it for us!!
ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:42 PM

My husband had to work, my son and I made pizza! LOL! I agree, F off Valentines!

Quoting LyTe684: I'm eating rice and beans.

lisairv
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:43 PM

I'm eating soup....lol

I had a tooth extracted yesterday. Nothing but liquids an soft foods. 

Sorry about your dx. I'm a diabetic too. 4 years now.

LyTe684
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:43 PM
We both had to work too. Yum. What toppings did you guys chose for the pizza?

Quoting ahappymommy:

My husband had to work, my son and I made pizza! LOL! I agree, F off Valentines!

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:44 PM

I did get something, but honestly I couldn't care less if he got me anything or not.  We try to show each other we love another every day.  

ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:45 PM

So far I have seen 438039859043 FB posts about people who didnt get anything and 0239850943850439580394584309854309853409854309 cafemom posts about boo hoo my hubby didnt get my anything or he only got me flowers!! Im sorry, but its annoying!  The people who whine about what their hubby did not being enough for them bugs me!

Quoting Anonymous: Do people who celebrate it bug you about not celebrating?

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:45 PM
2 moms liked this
Some people don't have a mother on Mother's Day.
Some people don't have a father on Father's Day.
No gifts on Valentine's Day? No biggie for me!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)