Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

That's Not His Fault..

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:36 PM
  • 48 Replies

my son is in 5th grade. this year they did the supply sharing thing, where all the supplies are combined. i dont particularly care for it, but i bought everything on his list, including about 6 24-packs of pencils.

they were combined with the packs the other kids brought, and their homeroom teacher put them up and hands them out as needed. i bought micah separate packs of mechanicals, since he likes them better...those are pretty much all hes used all year, not the ones from her class. wednesday he couldnt find the one he had been using, so he went to ask for one, and she told him its his fault for not coming to class prepared with a pencil. she said that theres no more pencils, everyone has wasted them, and since he didnt have one, she wrote him up for not being prepared.

:o\ no. he brought almost 150 pencils at the beginning of the year, and rarely ever uses them, bc he uses the mechanical ones, and she knows this. furthermore, how can she can say its his fault, when she has all the pencils, and she also hasnt said anything to anyone about being low on them or anything? am i wrong here?

also, he didnt get in trouble with the office. i talked to his assistant principal thursday (who is awesome, btw) and he said he didnt see a referral, but not to worry about it.

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nolongermstkn
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:37 PM
Wow shes looney.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bamlog10112
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:38 PM
Id be mad!
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Agreed.

I hate sharing school supplies

Quoting nolongermstkn: Wow shes looney.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:39 PM

I would be pissed, I'm glad you're fighting this.

abrine7673
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:39 PM
I'd be ticked.
embrigmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Oh I'd be pissed!

-42-
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:40 PM
That's bullshit! She couldn't come up with ONE freaking pencil?!!?!

And I hate hate hate the supply sharing crap!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:41 PM
Sharing supplies is the worst PA inspired ridiculousness schools have ever done. Ick.
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:41 PM
3 moms liked this

I would be demanding that the write-up be removed from his file.  It's not his fault the other kids wasted all the pencils.  And this is EXACTLY why the "shared supplies" thing needs to be abolished.  It's not fair for someoneto be paying for things they never even get to use. 

I never did the "shared" thing when my kids were in school.  Their stuff was labelled with their names and we bought them replacements as they were needed.  It's not our jobs to provide for everyone else's kids, and it's not like there aren't supply drives and other resources for kids who need the help.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:41 PM

I would be mad, that is silly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)