Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Using the internet at work (rant)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 77 Replies
1 mom liked this

A question to all of the working moms on here, who are on here at work, how is it you manage to actually do your job and still hang out on Cafemom and or FB all day? Do your employers know they are paying to have you play on the internet? Seriously, it drives me crazy when people are online at work. Do your job, whatever it is, and stop messing around. (If this doesn't apply to you, then you're not who I am talking to).

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Eh, one of my friends works at a call-center and can have as much as 45 minutes of downtime between calls. Her company is totally cool with employees using the internet on their own devices as long as it does not interfere when they are needed. If they can't handle it, their privelage is revoked.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:12 PM

When I am on lunch I use the internet on my phone whenever I please. ;) I have no time other than that though. I'm busy at work.

caustinb
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:12 PM
I'm allowed breaks...and I work independently. I use my own phone or tablet, not their computer.
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:13 PM

For my job, it doesn't matter. But I'm not on 'all day'.

Cheribomb
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:18 PM
I work from home , so they don't know when I'm on cm or fb... But I don't have time to really be on cm during the day ...maybe read a few posts.
o.O....
by Cara on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:20 PM
I really don't understand why you care.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:23 PM
I could stand around with my thumb up my ass if you'd prefer... I have a ton of down time at work. My boss doesn't care as long as my work is done.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:41 PM

I care because it's unprofessional and poor work ethics, just like making personal calls at work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:44 PM
Well considering my job doesn't consist of me working all day long every day, my boss doesn't care what I do on my down time. As long as I'm available when he needs me and I answer the phone when someone calls. He pays me quite well too!

Heck I even get my homework done each week while at work too. Lol

Oh and there are days where I work the entire day and don't get a minute to play!
Nutball3
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:44 PM

Mobile Photo

Of all the things to get upset over you pick this?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)