Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So my toddler gave herself an injection......

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:25 PM
  • 45 Replies
3 moms liked this
I was making dinner. I went to start putting the toppings on the pizza, and opened the drawer to get a spoon for the sauce. When I did dd (22 months) grabbed a medicine dropper out of the drawer.

Me: what are you going with that?

Her: medicine!

Me: but you don't need medicine.

Her: *lifts up shirt, puts medicine dropper against her tummy.* Medicine.

Me: but you don't need medicine. Your not sick.

Her: medicine for blood sugar. Mommys dinner medicine. *pushes end of dropper down. Removed it from her tummy.* ALL DONE!!!! * giggles and runs out of the room.*.

I'm a type one diabetic. I do 5 insulin injections a day and check my blood sugar 7 times a day. Apparently she decided she needed to do an insulin injection to lol

The other day I gave her an old cellphone to play with (a REEEAAALLLY old one.), I expected her to pretend to make calls... Nope... She told me the phone was a "meter". I asked her what she needed a meter for and she said "blood sugar! Check blood sugar.."

I guess she's really been paying close attention when I do my injections or check my sugar...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Aw, attentive.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Cute!

Have you had talks with her about your diabetes yet?  She's picking up on a lot of it already!

bakerytreatz16
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:28 PM
The other day dh and fil were fixing the wholes in the walls... Dd then spent the whole night running a spoon up and down the all. I asked what she was doing and all she said was "fix the waaaaaalllllll" and went back to "fixing it." Lol

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Aw, attentive.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FlutterbyMom3
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Awww, cute. 

bakerytreatz16
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this
She knows mommy has to do the medicine so her blood sugar doesn't get to high.

She knows mommy checks her sugar to make sure it isn't too high or too low.

She knows how I check my sugar. She likes to put the strip in my meter for me, and squeeze my finer for me after I prick it.

And she knows she can't touch my syringes (which are in a cabinet above the fridge anyway.) and if you ask her why she can't touch them she'll tell you "very sharp. I too little. Could get hurt.". Because I always tell her "they're very shop. Your too little to hold them, they could hurt you." (She wants to hand them to me, so I always tell her this.£

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Cute!

Have you had talks with her about your diabetes yet?  She's picking up on a lot of it already!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Awesome!  She sounds really intelligent.  Maybe she'll be a nurse or doctor someday!

Quoting bakerytreatz16: She knows mommy has to do the medicine so her blood sugar doesn't get to high.

She knows how I check my sugar. She likes to put the strip in my meter for me, and squeeze my finer for me after I prick it.

And she knows she can't touch my syringes (which are in a cabinet above the fridge anyway.) and if you ask her why she can't touch them she'll tell you "very sharp. I too little. Could get hurt.". Because I always tell her "they're very shop. Your too little to hold them, they could hurt you." (She wants to hand them to me, so I always tell her this.£

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Cute!

xomrs.chase
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Aww!
"BUTTONS!" -my husband has to make sure his pump is well hidden now LOL
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Smart kid! Better start saving now for medical school

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:40 PM

careful who sees her doing that...cps will come knocking at your door for showing her 'how to do drugs'

bakerytreatz16
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:40 PM
Maybe lol she knows all about her papis medicine too (fil). He takes 8 different medications and she can tell you that the big bottle is "papis water pill" and that it "makes papi pee a WHOOOOOOLLLLEEE bunch.". And she knows that the little bottle is "papi mergency medicine." That he's suppose to take if he thinks he's having a heart attack.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Awesome!  She sounds really intelligent.  Maybe she'll be a nurse or doctor someday!

Quoting bakerytreatz16: She knows mommy has to do the medicine so her blood sugar doesn't get to high.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Cute!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)