Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"So... you want me pay?" ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 69 Replies
Go out to dinner on a date. Check comes and he goes "So. You want me to pay?" I seriously was like ".......... Wow. Okay." And then proceeded to pay. And he was all "Why are you mad that I asked?" Bc you took someone on a date and asked them if you had to pay. No, he wasn't being funny. He was serious. Guess it's a good thing I always bring cash... ETA: I should've clarified. He asked ME out to dinner. We've gone to lunch and whatnot before but since it was a "hey let's meet here" type thing, we went dutch. But since he asked me out on a *date*, I thought he'd pay. If he mentioned splitting the bill at some point earlier to the check's arrival, I would have had no issue w it.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:30 PM
...I don't get it. I always split the bill.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:30 PM
Wow! SO or a first date?
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:30 PM

TACKY.

AS FUCK!

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Wow.

I'm not against the woman picking up the tab...when SHE is the one who invites the man out!  Or if it is previously discussed.  But to wait until the check was on the table to decide to hash it out? 

I don't think I'd be going on another date with him!

FlutterbyMom3
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:31 PM

So, he asked you out and had you pay? Yea, I wouldn't be going on a second date with him. 

graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Nothing wrong with him asking
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:31 PM
2 moms liked this

There would be no second date.

tinybluemoon
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:32 PM
DH and I go halves in everything, we have separate finances, but he always pays for dinner.

However, it's not expected and I don't know why the man always have to pay. You took him on a date instead. Big deal.
Foolynroo2

I hope that was your last date with el doucher

SexyBurlapSack

He probably asked because a lot of women nowadays get really uppity and defensive if the guy pays without asking. "Because it insinuates that you can't afford to pay for it because you're a woman" or some feminazi bullshit like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)