Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should happen

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

Poll

Question: What should happen to child A?

Options:

suspension

be talked to about options other than hitting back then allowed to go back to the classroom

get a phone call home then go back to the classroom

Get a phone call home, an incident report and returned to class

Get a phone call home, an incident report, removed from class for a special party for vday

Nothing, he was just defending himself!

other (explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 13

View Results

Scenario: Well behaved 7 year old child, child A, is in class and having a hard time listening by talking to a neighbor excitedly about the valentines day party at school, so a boy, child b, takes it upon himself to get his attention and punches his multiple times in the leg very hard to get his attention.  The child says that this boy hit him hard enough to hurt and several times?  This child turns around and hits him back once.  What should happen to the child who hit back once?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
grannie_kel
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:38 PM

The same as what happens to the boy who started the hitting.  By 7 he should know that hitting back is not an option. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I voted nothing, for I don't frown on self defense. The child who started the hitting would be sent to the office though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Get a phone call home, an incident report, removed from class for a special party for Vday and suspended.

what kid A should have done (and I'm assuming you're kid A's mom) is get up and explain to the teacher what kid B did to him.  Yes he was defending him self blah blah but he was in the classroom where the teacher could have handled it. Now if they were on the play ground and a teacher wasn't around and someone went up to Kid A and punched him, then heck yea defend  your self. 

Now i'm sure Kid A is upset because it wasn't his fault that this all occured (if he in fact got kicked out of class and stuff) but it's a valuable lesson!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:47 PM
I told my kids (their teachers and principal are well aware of this as well) that our children are to try to get away/seek adult intervention- if they cannot get away they have my.permission to defend themselves (or their siblings, if thats the case).

We have only had that happen once.
RobinBright
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Whatever the school's rule for hitting is....  unless a kiddo is literally backed into a corner with no way to get help, is not appropriate to hit back.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)