Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dr Moms!!!! Come in here.

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:21 PM
  • 7 Replies
I've got a question for y'all. I started having a pain directly on my hip bone about 2 weeks ago. So I went to the doctor on Monday and he did X-rays on it and said there's nothing wrong with it, the bone looks good. So today's Friday and the pain has spread throughout my whole hip. The doc says it's fine but it's not. It hurts!!!! Does any of this sound familiar to anyone? Has this ever happened to you or someone you know?? Just wanted to see what y'all thought. Have a good weekend!!! 🎉🎈🍺
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
fatcat0908
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:22 PM
Did the pain start on your iliac crest?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rainskysmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:33 PM
I don't know where that is. It started on that bony part that sticks out so much when you're laying flat on your back. Does that make sense?? Lol

Quoting fatcat0908: Did the pain start on your iliac crest?
fatcat0908
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:36 PM
Okay, so it sounds like your describing the illica crest. The upper most part of your hip that juts out. A lot of times, believe it or not, that is a sign of a pulled muscle/tendon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rainskysmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:44 PM
I don't remember doing anything strenuous or anything but who knows, maybe I did. Does that just have to heal on its own?? And of course, you can't see that on an X-ray.

Quoting fatcat0908: Okay, so it sounds like your describing the illica crest. The upper most part of your hip that juts out. A lot of times, believe it or not, that is a sign of a pulled muscle/tendon.
fatcat0908
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:45 PM
Try naproxen and heat and see how it feels in a few days. It should pass as long as you have no history of arthritis.

Quoting rainskysmom: I don't remember doing anything strenuous or anything but who knows, maybe I did. Does that just have to heal on its own?? And of course, you can't see that on an X-ray.

Quoting fatcat0908: Okay, so it sounds like your describing the illica crest. The upper most part of your hip that juts out. A lot of times, believe it or not, that is a sign of a pulled muscle/tendon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rainskysmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:54 PM
Ok. Thanks so much for responding 😊

Quoting fatcat0908: Try naproxen and heat and see how it feels in a few days. It should pass as long as you have no history of arthritis.

Quoting rainskysmom: I don't remember doing anything strenuous or anything but who knows, maybe I did. Does that just have to heal on its own?? And of course, you can't see that on an X-ray.

rainskysmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok. Thanks so much for responding 😊

Quoting fatcat0908: Try naproxen and heat and see how it feels in a few days. It should pass as long as you have no history of arthritis.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)