Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddler wearing?! (Baby wearing)

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:47 PM
  • 24 Replies

My son is 24 months old, very needy and always has been. I thought he would have outgrown it by now but he hasn't. It is so bad that I can't even go to the restroom for 1 minute without him running and crying trying to find me. He would rather sit on my lap and cuddle then get down and play with toys. 

I have aver done some research on toddler wearing in these types of situations and from what they say it has helped. I'm a little skeptical so I was wondering if any one else has done this with success. Pros and cons, exc.

We have tried the cry it out method since he was 9 months old! It does not work for him but it did with our oldest. Our pediatrician suggested only using the CIO of 2 weeks ar a time at that age. Which end bumped up to 3 weeks at 12 months, 4 weeks at 18 months and now 5 weeks at 24 months. We are exhausted and could use any and all help!!!!! 

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
almburr
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:53 PM
5 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Don't wear him for too long or this will happen. Lol

I'm sorry I have no info for ya, so here's a bump.

I should add this is dd15 5'2" and DS 13 6'
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this
That sounds like major back problems to me. I can't imagine carrying around my two year old all of the time.

Is he always with you? Do you sah? Maybe he needs to form some relationships with other people and learn to let go of you.
weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:58 PM
Idk. Bump
yo_ho
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Just do little bits at a time. Sit with him on the floor, then maybe put a toy a little bit away and let him get it and bring it back to your lap. Try playing hands on games on the floor, like wheels on the bus, etc. 

I used my Ergo and it was easy carrying my toddler around.

love2bamomma
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Well I wouldn't want it to be for that long lol :) 

Quoting almburr:

Mobile Photo

Don't wear him for too long or this will happen. Lol

I'm sorry I have no info for ya, so here's a bump.

I should add this is dd15 5'2" and DS 13 6'

love2bamomma
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Back problems...good possibility! 

He he is always with me except for Wednesday nights for 90 minutes when we go to church. It took 9 months of 1 specific person holding him the whole time to get up and play. Now he does better but still not great. I am a work from home mom. 

Quoting Anonymous: That sounds like major back problems to me. I can't imagine carrying around my two year old all of the time.

Is he always with you? Do you sah? Maybe he needs to form some relationships with other people and learn to let go of you.

love2bamomma
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:16 PM

Quoting yo_ho:

Just do little bits at a time. Sit with him on the floor, then maybe put a toy a little bit away and let him get it and bring it back to your lap. Try playing hands on games on the floor, like wheels on the bus, etc. 

I used my Ergo and it was easy carrying my toddler around.

I have always done this. He does well for a little while playing with the other children but after awhile he is just done and wants to be held and cuddled for awhile. The last month I have even tried as much as possible not to pick him up. Just sitting in my lap on the floor and have him sit in my lap. No success, no changes. Which is why I started doing more research and found toddler wearing as a possible solution. But it could go either way. Could help him be more independent or it could make him more dependent. It bothers me a little but it REALLY bothers my husband and it is starting to become an issue in our marriage :(

AbelsMommy01
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I wear my 15 month old on bad days. I'm overweight and he still fits comfortably in the moby. I only do it when he's teething or not falling asleep. Or when we go bowling lol

He's very independent besides that. That's all I have, sorry
AbelsMommy01
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Mobile Photo

I wear my 15 month old on bad days. I'm overweight and he still fits comfortably in the moby. I only do it when he's teething or not falling asleep. Or when we go bowling lol

He's very independent besides that. That's all I have, sorry
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:19 PM

You are going to have one hell of a time when that child goes to school. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)