Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my ob didn't check me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
I had my first real us yesterday and check up with my doc, i brought up the prob of itching/burning to her before she exited the room, she never examined me just looked and said oh it looks like a yeast infection,then perscribed me $100 cream that my insurance doesn't cover.

I'm calling her monday and letting her know i didn't get the golden vag cream. Smh
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Time to change your OB

joshsgirl12
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:57 PM

You can use the over the counter stuff for that

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:58 PM
Just get a 7 day OTC cream.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:58 PM
I'm getting up at 5a and walking up to med express i've been like this for almost 2 weeks i can't take it anymore.

Quoting Sassy762:

Time to change your OB

katyusha42
by Metal Kitty on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:00 PM
They got the one and three day cream too. A little more pricy than the 7 day stuff but way more convienant.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Get the over the counter stuff.  And drink orange juice and eat yogurt.  Make sure your panties are cotton.  You should be fine.  If it doesn't clear up in 7 days, call your ob. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:02 PM
She never checked me i don't believe this is a yeast infection the only temp cure is a hot bath and i have to sit there for almost an hr before it helps any.

Quoting bowribbonmama: Just get a 7 day OTC cream.
Reddawn75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:05 PM
See if otc cream might work. When I have a bad yeast infection I have found the 7 day cream works the best. It might be more messy and take longer then some others but it works.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:06 PM
That's frustrating! Mine did a similar thing at my last prenatal appointment; only she just dismissed it as regular change in discharge due to pregnancy and didn't even check it out to see if I did have an infection.
joshsgirl12
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Its not going to hurt to try the otc.

Quoting Anonymous: She never checked me i don't believe this is a yeast infection the only temp cure is a hot bath and i have to sit there for almost an hr before it helps any.

Quoting bowribbonmama: Just get a 7 day OTC cream.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)