Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i didn't get a single valentine, candy, gift or flower. and I couldn't be happier

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:59 PM
  • 33 Replies
Not that we spend every day of the year treating each other special. There were days when I wanted to knock my SO upside the head but didn't. Its not a big commercial holiday that says im entitled to gifts. Im no peach sometimes and when im mad he KNOWS IT. Valentines day is for ME. it gives ME a chance to show my boys that extra little something that mommy does to show how happy I am that they are my loves. Im cheesy and corny and maybe they are the only ones who appreciate it but hey valentines days is about showing love right. And I looove my boys
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TrueTrophyWife
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:02 PM
Same here.

Dh and I told one another happy valentines day, but when he got home we handed all three kids their bags for valentines day, ad a fabulous dinner and that's it.

I spent the last three days snowed in and having the most amazing time with my family. My cup runneth over!
MsEmma88
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Mobile Photo

MsEmma88
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

MsEmma88
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Mobile Photo

Two of my Valentines
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:11 PM
The three of us decided to get concert tickets for each other. It was still cheaper than candy, flowers, crap toys. Lol
MsEmma88
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:16 PM
Oooohhhh I love concerts! Doesn't even matter for what for me. Lol. Where are yall goin?

Quoting Anonymous: The three of us decided to get concert tickets for each other. It was still cheaper than candy, flowers, crap toys. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:19 PM

We went to the park, ate dinner at Chick Fila, did grocery shopping and had Baskin Robins to top off the night. The kids said it was the best Valentine's day ever. 

No flowers, candy or jewelry was exchanged in our family. And it is exactly the way I wanted it. (Although I would have rather had a home cooked meal, but since we wen to the park that was not possible.)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:19 PM
Willie Nelson and Allison Krauss. It will be the kiddos first real concert. He is a Johnny Cash and Highway Men super fan. Lol It is going to kill him to wait until June. Lol

Quoting MsEmma88: Oooohhhh I love concerts! Doesn't even matter for what for me. Lol. Where are yall goin?

Quoting Anonymous: The three of us decided to get concert tickets for each other. It was still cheaper than candy, flowers, crap toys. Lol
cshepard
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:20 PM
My man cleaned the whole house and my daughter bought me a dr pepper. Two things I love the most!
MsEmma88
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:22 PM
That's awesome. Hes played near here a few times ive always wanted to go

Quoting Anonymous: Willie Nelson and Allison Krauss. It will be the kiddos first real concert. He is a Johnny Cash and Highway Men super fan. Lol It is going to kill him to wait until June. Lol

Quoting MsEmma88: Oooohhhh I love concerts! Doesn't even matter for what for me. Lol. Where are yall goin?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)