Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tonight...I almost cried because my daughter proved to me she is very responsible!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:10 PM
  • 41 Replies
2 moms liked this
My 15 year old daughter watched my 3 month old nephew while I went to get dinner for everyone in the house. When I was on my way home, she texted me that she had just put him to sleep. I was AMAZED!!!! I almost cried =) This is our 1st time babysitting a baby for a whole weekend. Have you had moments like that with your kids?
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bluescorpia
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:13 PM
Bump
Wendi2247
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this
:-)
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

When my daughter won a school award for "Caring"

I teared up like a big ol' baby when they called her name and she lit up like a 1,000 stars.

Kspencer11
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!

bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:18 PM
Why is that so amazing? My 15 yr old daughter has babysat on and off since she was 11. She can and has done similar stuff. I like it when she shows me how responsible she is but it doesn't makee cry lol.
Bluescorpia
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this
That's so sweet=) I tend to tear up when my kids do something that amazes me lol like I cried at her daisy graduation.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

When my daughter won a school award for "Caring"

I teared up like a big ol' baby when they called her name and she lit up like a 1,000 stars.

Bluescorpia
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:19 PM
Everyone's situation is different.

Quoting bleumonster: Why is that so amazing? My 15 yr old daughter has babysat on and off since she was 11. She can and has done similar stuff. I like it when she shows me how responsible she is but it doesn't makee cry lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:20 PM

my dad thought it would be fun leaving my newborn baby sister with me over night since he and my step mom had to work.. i was only 12, so nervous, and didn't know how to care for a baby alone. I had done better than I thought I would. His boss didn't care if i needed to call for any questions, but it was only once since my step mom BF her, and i wasn't sure how to warm her milk. Babies are so adorable. I love them! :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:20 PM
So you left her with a 3 month old, not knowing if she would care for it or not, and now you are amazed that she can? I don't get it...
embrigmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:21 PM

The first time I asked my older dd to watch the baby while I took a shower, when I got out she told me that the baby had, had a poopie diaper and she changed it. Older dd was about 9 and 1/2 yrs old at the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)