Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

awkward baby name announcement issue please help

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:25 PM
  • 17 Replies
Okay I need help wording our baby name announcement email.... a little background we are naming dd3 Reece Natalie...Reece is just a name I like but natalie has a meaning to us... it is the female version of Nathan which was df brothers name... He passed away this summer of an overdose....him and df were very close and this is our way of honoring him..... However I don't know how to say that in our email... bil death is still a very raw topic in dfs family and we already have a strained relationship with them.... we look at it as a positive thing a way of remembering bil but I'm afraid dfs family may get offended..... so do any of you ladies have any idea how write this email with a positive vibe?
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Just put the name in the announcement and if any family ask questions you can elaborate then.
norwgnwood
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:12 PM
Or start with In loving memory of Nathan....... We joyfully announce the birth of.....

Quoting Anonymous: Just put the name in the announcement and if any family ask questions you can elaborate then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iHEAVENn
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Why go in to details if emotions are still raw? 

Just save it all for anyone who asks :) 

-:Logan Jacob:--:December 1st 2007:--:7 Pounds 4 Ounces:- -:My Everything:- 

-:Baby #2 is on the way:-

baby development

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:15 PM
You are making a baby name announcement? Awkward.
Naming your baby after a drug addict?
Awkward.

And apparently you fear people you know will be as tactless as you, so just write
Natalie is named in honor of her deceased uncle.
Krysta784
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:15 PM
How about just doing an announcement with the name meaning included? That's a trend and it would help subtly point out the origin and therefore the namesake you chose.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:16 PM

I'd just do the announcement and tell anyone who asks about the meaning.  Or you can tell the story in a more personal setting, but if it's still raw I'd just tell those who ask.  My son is named Nathan and Idk that about the female version lol.  

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this
This sounds nice

Quoting norwgnwood: Or start with In loving memory of Nathan....... We joyfully announce the birth of.....

Quoting Anonymous: Just put the name in the announcement and if any family ask questions you can elaborate then.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

People make announcements these days when they decide on a name? I have never seen this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:19 PM
I don't know her story but my son is named afte my uncle who od.

He wasn't an addict.. he had a new medicine and made a mistake of chewing it like he did with his old one. He didn't know it was time released and it was released all at once..

Quoting Anonymous: You are making a baby name announcement? Awkward.

Naming your baby after a drug addict?

Awkward.

And apparently you fear people you know will be as tactless as you, so just write

Natalie is named in honor of her deceased uncle.
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

People make announcements these days when they decide on a name? I have never seen this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)