Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What happens in someone's childhood

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
That makes them a control freak as an adult? Or are they just OCD?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mrjjmt
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:33 PM

Sometimes people who are micromanaged as children can grow up to be very controlling.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:33 PM

I have no idea... Maybe if someone made them do things and didn't give them choices then as adults they want to make all the choices for themselves?

Heisenberg
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Lack of control

mamabear55
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:33 PM

If they never have control as a child, they may feel the need to control as an adult.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:43 PM
This for sure. My mom and her mom are really intense controlfreaks. Growing up my mom was breathing down my neck for EVERYTHING and it all had to be done in a very specific, very exact way (I.e. Chewing your food, washing your hair, doing the laundry). Her mom was the same to her.

Now that I'm grown I find myself doing the same crazy, controlling nonsense...(although I really try to catch myself on it and stop it.)

Quoting mrjjmt:

Sometimes people who are micromanaged as children can grow up to be very controlling.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:50 PM
each person had their own personality, while a parent who exhibits extreme lack of control may turn chid A into a control freak, because they cant deal with the chaos or say you have a parent that micromanages EVERYTHING, that may also turn a child into a control freak. we generally parent the way we were parented. in my case my mother was extremely overbearing and i was never allowed to make a decision for myself. even as an adult i agonize of small decisions. even something simple as what outfit to wear or how to do my hair for the day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:52 PM
My dad was am alcoholic. My home life was unpredictable. I really have a hard time when I don't feel like I'm in control of my surroundings.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:20 PM
It's a combination of having a control freak mother, immigration as a kid, made me feel like i wasn't in control of anything, high anxiety. I need to control everything all the time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)