Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this even possible

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

Im only posting here because i want this to go anonymous so people cant look me up that know me and see it. Long story short my SIL lost custody of her kids and has failed to see them or send them gifts for christmas and birthdays. She lost them because she wasnt taking care of them and was using. The kids dad got temporary custody over a year ago and got full custody in september i believe. She is able to see them if she pays for supervised visits which she has failed to do so far. If she turned her life around is there any chance of her getting her children back? Their dad is financially stable and from what I have seem is doing a great job taking care of them. I cannot see her getting her kids back ever but im curious to see what others think and if its even a possibility.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:39 PM

It's hard to say....but it looks like she's not interested...and the judge will look at  everything  so will guardian ad litems for kids.....Sad she doesnt see them....sounds like shes still using ,..sad for the kids...they  dont understand ..and will always love their mom whether shes a terrible mom or not....   Great the dad cares and loves them enough to take great care of them...it will be a  fight...I doubt she will win due to what you've mentioned.......depends on so many things....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:40 PM
I doubt she could win primary custody. More visitation, sure. Full custody? Highly doubt it.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:41 PM

That all depends on several factors.

She has to do whatever CPS receomends she does all the time

She should have a "PitBull Lawyer"

She will have to jump through hopes galore and then there is no guarantee

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:00 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)