Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He Cheated On Me & She Says I'm A LIAR!!!! Should I Still See His FAMILY? **ETA 2/15/14

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 84 Replies

I decided to get back with my ex boyfriend. We dated this time around from October 2013 until January 31, 2014. I finally got to meet his family and I spent so many days and evenings at his house. My now ex disappeared from Jan. 26-29th to a guy friend's house. He didn't call anyone (not even his grandma) and would only text me. 

So the weekend we broke up he said we can still do everything like we're dating however he took the title away from me. I was confused and asked if he was seeing someone else he said no. The night he broke up with me we went to the mall afterwards walking around and holding hands and Saturday night he took me out to dinner.

I left his house at 3am on Feb. 2nd after we fell asleep together in his bed watching a movie. He said he was going back to his friend's house that day and didn't know when he'd be back. Before I left I went through his phone, he had given me all his pins and passwords a week prior. I saw 2 missed called from some girl after midnight. I wrote her number down and called her on his phone. She didn't answer and I asked him about her he said he didn't know who I was talking about.

Very, very long story short he went to this girl's house. She and I started a texting war that lasted a couple days until I got bored and stopped responding to her. She called me a liar and said I was never with him ever. Anyways he finally came home on Wednesday after keeping up the charade that he was at his guy friend's house from the 2nd-12th of Feb. and while he was gone I visited with his Grandma, mom, and sister every other day. We all became really close and they told me the truth about him. He's a pathological liar, he's unemployed, homeless (he lives with his grandma), he doesn't see his child ever, and all this stuff. They told me to keep coming over and to NEVER get back with him because he'll bring me down.

So anyways yesterday I went onto his FB and saw he added his new girlfriend onto their (we were never FB friends) so I thought game on and posted a picture of he and I after seeing time stamped photos of them hugged up together while he and I were still together. So after that I went back to his house because he was supposed to be back by Thursday. He flew into a rage and kicked me out because I went through his Facebook account. I told him he cheated on me and I should be the angry one and he denied ever cheating, he denied ever being at that girl's house when we were dating, and finally I left. His mom came with me and told me he and his new girlfriend have been arguing like crazy over the phone and he's not in a great mood. 

I love his family more than I'll ever like him. Should I continue visiting with his grandma? She's bed ridden and mom and sister support themselves by taking care of her and being paid through the county. They're decent people. His sister and I have plans to get our nails done and start exercising together. What would you do?

EDITED TO ADD:

I'm seeing the same type of advice being given to move on so I need to also say that I'm already dating and talking other people; I went on my first date last Saturday night and had a good time. As long as my ex is at his Grandma's house I will NOT be going over there. He texted me after I left his house Thursday night wanting to know how I could screw him over like this and I never responded.

This man treats and speaks to his mother like she's the scum of the Earth in front of everyone and he has no problem lying to his Grandmas face while he's living with rent free under her roof since he has no income besides welfare and he won't go get a job.

His family is decent. His sister and I are close in age, she works, and his mom and Grandma treat me with respect and dignity. My ex still has yet to say anything to his family about this new girlfriend and they found out about her through me while he was gone this last time. The new girlfriend has moved him in (that's what she told me) and they're so in love. They've been together for about 3 weeks and their relatonship overlapped with his and mine.

And finally this ex and I have been on and off since April 2006. We didn't just meet out of the blue and he's pulled this same crap before with lying and chasing going after girls behind my back while we're together however this is the first time I had concrete evidence of his cheating ways. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:53 PM
12 moms liked this

Which High School do you go to?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:54 PM

He's too immature. We actually went to HS together. I'm 25 and he's 26 and not doing anything with his life. I just want to know if it's wrong to still visit his family. We have a bond now.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Which High School do you go to?

Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
You can't be serious. Ditch the entire family and move on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:55 PM
2 moms liked this
Enjoy your new friendships and completely forget the guy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:55 PM

Even if I feel a friendship forming with his family members? 

Quoting Peaceful.chaos: You can't be serious. Ditch the entire family and move on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Just because he's an douche, doesn't mean, you can be friends with his family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:57 PM

I want to, but is it appropriate? He'll NEVER change. He and I have been on and off since April 2006. I just met his grandma in December 2013 and she's a wonderful, wholesome woman. His mom and sister are decent too.

Quoting Anonymous: Enjoy your new friendships and completely forget the guy.

Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:58 PM
3 moms liked this
It's a toxic situation and you need to cut all ties. He's no good and remaining friends with his family will gain you nothing in life. Find new friends.

Quoting Anonymous:

Even if I feel a friendship forming with his family members? 

Quoting Peaceful.chaos: You can't be serious. Ditch the entire family and move on.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyChance
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:58 PM
This.

Quoting Anonymous: Enjoy your new friendships and completely forget the guy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:58 PM

I think you meant can't and if you did I agree with you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Just because he's an douche, doesn't mean, you can be friends with his family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)