Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why do people hate snow days..?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:53 PM
  • 100 Replies

i constantly hear tons of parents who seem like they don't like kids having snow days because it means their kids would actually be home and *gasp* they'd have to spend time with their kids, er, at least have their kids around... i don't get it? I'm at home all day 24/7/365 with 2 of my kids - would be 3 had the oldest not started kindergarten this year. if there's anything i don't like about snow days it's that i feel like she's missing out on a day of good education, not because i don't want her around.... 

Edit* I understand that some moms work and of course snow days would be hard on them having to find childcare. I thought that would be pretty obvious but apparently judging by the snarky remarks - it's not. What I'm talking about are the moms who are home all day, and have  nothing better to do, but still get so aggravated about it. 

Also, never in this post above did I write anything related to "look at me! I'm the bomb biggity! please give me a f*ing trophy!" so all those comments can get over themselves. I wrote what I did to show that I, personally, am always with my kids, so if anyone would be annoyed at being around kids all the time, you think it'd be me, but I'm not, so I therefore do not get why some people find it hard to spend an extra 6 hours a day with their own children. 

It is just a question. to everyone who had the decency to answer kindly, without all the defensive backlash, thankyou. that is all.

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I LOVE snow days. I'll hate making them up though. ;)

It is funny how some of the SAHMs gripe that their kids are HOME and not at school though. lol

MommyChance
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:55 PM
Snow days are hard for some. I had to switch my work schedule all around today. I had a blast with my little one, but my boss was less than pleased.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:56 PM

Yawn you are not special.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate snow days because it fucks with summer break.

MommyOK
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:56 PM
2 moms liked this

my kids fight all day long and I cant separate them for more than 5 minutes. When they are snowed in  they get "cabin fever"....

Bubbie0809
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:56 PM
It's just inconvenient. I work at home, so when I know the kids are going to be home, I don't schedule trainings or conference calls.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:57 PM

I like the first snow day.  Every snow day after that cuts into summer vacation!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:57 PM

Daily routine getting disrupted is the most annoying to us.  DD bounces off the walls when we are snowed in since she does not like to play too long outside by herself.  I try to play with her but not the same as with her peers.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:58 PM
4 moms liked this

You are the best mother EVER!

goatmom4
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:59 PM

i love snow days too   but   we also   are haing bad weather now so we needd   to warm up the roads are getting bad

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)