Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think DS is scamming money from us

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

James and DIL moved out of state together, with my grand-daughter, when she was only 6 months old. Shes turning 2 in a few weeks. They split up when grand-daughter was 16 months old and DS has been telling us that DIL is keeping DD from him and he hasn't saw her at all...but on Christmas, I got text messages with photos of grand-daughter opening up presents that said "Happy birthday grandma and daddy! I miss you - Love, grand-daughter" and today, on Valentines day, I got a photo of grand-daughter all dressed up for Valentines day. that said "Happy valentines day grandma and daddy from grand-daughter" (It had her name, but i'm not putting that on here) 

We have been sending DS money for a lawyer, to fight DIL for visitation and he always says that the lawyer is trying. There is a protection order in place because the last fight got physical (both ways, not just DS) but I know it mentions custody and visitation...I'm thinking DS is lying to us and does really see grand-daughter and is pocketing the money...Why else would DIL send photos randomly? I've got 30 pictures since they split up. He always tells me to NOT respond because it will be breaking the protection order and he would go to jail, so I never do...but i'm really questioning it. xDIL can be a bitch from hell, she will admit that...and so if they are really battling custody out...Why would she be nice and mentioning "and daddy" in all the pics she sends?  I don't know how to bring it up to DS without him getting defensive and ignoring me again for weeks (This happened last time we got in a disagreement) and I don't want to contact xDIL and DS get in trouble for it...But I really don't know what is going on...

What do I do in a situation like this? 

I never, ever respond to any messages or answer any phone calls incase its a set-up. She probably thinks I hate her.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nutball3
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:23 PM
I don't understand, can't you just look up online if there is an open custody case?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Quoting Nutball3: I don't understand, can't you just look up online if there is an open custody case?

What do you mean? Like on their facebooks?

Nutball3
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:26 PM
No, each state has a case search website. Use that. It should list case details like upcoming hearings and attorneys, etc.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Nutball3: I don't understand, can't you just look up online if there is an open custody case?

What do you mean? Like on their facebooks?

girlywifey
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:27 PM
I would ask DIL. I think that she would have mentioned something like that going om and wouldn't mention Daddy in the pics.
Tarnished
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

How would he get in trouble by you answering her? If there is an order or protection,it has nothing to do with you.Sounds sketchy.

girlywifey
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:27 PM
I would ask DIL. I think that she would have mentioned something like that going om and wouldn't mention Daddy in the pics.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Quoting Tarnished:

How would he get in trouble by you answering her? If there is an order or protection,it has nothing to do with you.Sounds sketchy.

He said it would be third party contact. 

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll contact her and ask her, it wouldn't be breaking the contract, lol.

I would text DIL and flat out ask her.

Tarnished
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Third party contact is if you called her for him with a message from him.Returning HER text/call is not third party contact.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Tarnished:

He said it would be third party contact. 

LadyVoldemort
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:31 PM

this

Quoting Elyce225:

I'll contact her and ask her, it wouldn't be breaking the contract, lol.

I would text DIL and flat out ask her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)