Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why Anon?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:36 PM
  • 67 Replies
There have been (way too) many Pisa about abortion and other controversial topics lately. Some women post their opinions openly and identify themselves but it seems that most women post Anonymous.

If you feel so strongly about your opinion, why are you posting anonymous? Shouldn't you be confident in your opinion and confident that you can back up your opinion? What are you scared of?
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:24 AM
Good point
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:25 AM
3 moms liked this
Cause I can!

Lol really it's because there are crazies here and I don't need some chick following me around and throwing shit in my face in totally unrelated posts. Easier to just stay anon. And yes.....there really are women that crazy here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:26 AM
You're right. I never answer those posts though. It's an ongoing debate that will last forever.
babyblue415
by champagne on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Why should people always have to back up their opinions why can we feel a certain way just because. ?
libramoon007
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Yes but most of the time the anonymous let them really one and honest and some always are anonymous. Most if the cruel responses are the anonymous. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this
It's harder for a troll to hide without the anon. Trolls don't like the light of day and must hide behind something, like the anon button.
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Because they can in this group.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:31 AM
4 moms liked this

I typically post anonymously here because I had trouble in a group that allows for drama and I ended up getting a bunch of PM's by catty women who just wanted a fight because they didn't like my opinion and wouldn't let it go. I believe we can agree to disagree, but sadly that isn't how everyone feels and some want to make it personal. I am confident of my opinions, but the anonymous button helps to keep the drama away and I do try to be supportive in replies rather than be chicken shit.

Texor
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this

There is a difference between being confident in your opinion and not wanting everyone to know your business. 

Did it occur to you that people here might know each other IRL and they might not want those folks knowing their business?  

Not to mention why WOULD anyone admit to abortion open in this group...with all the hatred and judgment that comes from the anti-choicers, hell no I would not expose myself that way. 

Texor
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh this.  I don't want to be stalked by online crazy people who disgaree with me. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I typically post anonymously here because I had trouble in a group that allows for drama and I ended up getting a bunch of PM's by catty women who just wanted a fight because they didn't like my opinion and wouldn't let it go. I believe we can agree to disagree, but sadly that isn't how everyone feels and some want to make it personal. I am confident of my opinions, but the anonymous button helps to keep the drama away and I do try to be supportive in replies rather than be chicken shit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)