Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to be skinny!

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:59 PM
  • 79 Replies

Mobile Photo

I've always been on the chunkier side. Well not this year. I want this to be my year to lose the fat and get down to a healthy size. In order to do so I must lose at least 50 lbs. I've been working on eating healthier - lots of fruits and veggies. I can't cut calories since I'm breastfeeding. I drink at LEAST 100 oz of water a day. I started using my treadmill but it's hard between babysitting, keeping an eye on my two older kids and nursing my 2.5 month old and work, I have a hard time getting ten minutes to jog. I have 30 day shred, insanity and p90x but I'm not sure when I'd fit it in. I'm so exhausted most mornings I literally cannot function, can't keep my eyes open for anything. My motivation just is not there but I know I need to lose the weight, especially since my fat jeans don't even fit anymore :( I added a picture just to see what I have to work with. It was taken two weeks after I had baby #3 via csection so two months ago and I actually ended up gaining five pounds or so since then. What can I do to get my energy back up so I can get working on the body I want?
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma1708
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 12:06 AM

first off eating right will help with energy. I used to work out at night because I am not a morning person, I can't do it and it is easier for me to work out at night. I know it isn't the greatest thing to do but between eating right and working out, I did a lot of cardio, I stayed in shape. I haven't been good lately and I have in fact gained 10lbs. The breast feeding should help. Something else I used to do was sporatically do random things during that day. When it was slow at work I would do squats. I would do lunges while carrying the laundry to the washing machine and while waiting for things to cook I would do different exercises. If something was in the microwave for about a minute I would do a plank while waiting. If you can only do little things through out the day, do them, they make a world of a difference. Also if you go to healthy moms or .... I can't remember the name of the other group... they all have great resources to help you on your journey. I have strayed from my healthy lifestyle and I am trying to get back on course but I am finding it hard to find the motivation.

Cassie2115
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 6:02 AM
Bump
suzanneyea
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 6:06 AM

Exercise will help you tone, but won't help with weight loss. You lose weight by changing your diet. For me, cutting carbs is what has worked best. You need to read up and learn about first though. Atkins original book, 1972 , is a good place to start. You can find a copy on eBay or a used book store.

want10more
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 6:12 AM
2 moms liked this

look in the mirror, at your cute face. your gorgeous hair. it will come, but your body is so busy right now w/ the new baby and breastfeeding and all. be patient, and be a good mom first, as you are being. your energy will come back in time, but 50 lbs? oh no! your lil body can't lose that much! you'd be a stick!

New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 6:15 AM
You will get a boost just from eating right. Where do you live? The weather also plays a part. So if you're up north where it's cold and snowy it will be harder but if it's sunny it helps. I find if my house and car are clean and fresh in clean and fresh too. I'm bf as well dd is 3.5 mo. I just bought Julian michaels body revolution bc it's 30 mins. I can't follow her diet bc it cuts a ton of calories the first week but I'm doing weight watchers. Like you, I had a c section (2nd) and need to loose 50lbs. Surround yourself with inspiring quotes
ramalamasp
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 6:16 AM

Eat healthy. Fruits and veggies, lean meats, whole grains. Go on walks, do yoga, whatever you enjoy doing.

New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 6:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Also, not being mean at all do please do t rAie it that way..... But lose the low rise pants. While it's in style, your c section kills the chances of those looking good bc of the way it makes our belly hang. you don't have to go full on mom jeans or pants but just something a little higher until you lose the weight.
Brielle.Jude
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 6:31 AM
I know how you feel! I have a 3 yr old and a 5 month old, and i am trying to get back into shape! I have the same problems right now too, breasfeeding, no energy in the a.m. but after i had my first (via cesarean) i just forced a way to find the time, so thats what im trying to do now. You can try doing some workouts after bedtime/naptime or if you know someone that can come over and watch the babies for a bit while you workout. Although, you should take it easy and start slow, you dont want to hurt yourself, considering how long your body has been in pregnancy mode :) make sure you do lots of stretches and consult with your o.b. before you decide to do the p90x. Ive done it before kids and that stuff is INTENSE. But i also have to agree with another post, i dont think you need to lose 50 lbs! You will still look great and feel better if you only end up losing half that! Good luck :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 15, 2014 at 6:38 AM

oh yes that fat needs to go.

Sassy762
by 200 on Feb. 15, 2014 at 7:03 AM
3 moms liked this

You need to GO......smdh

Here you go OP....you just need to tone up

Tighten your stomach in just 7 days with this fat-busting workout. 

oh yes that fat needs to go. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)