Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You're never 100% ready to have a baby

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 140 Replies
4 moms liked this
I hate this. I want another baby so bad. DH is convinced that we're not ready. Yes we have a little credit card debt and medical bills. Who doesn't have that?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2014 at 5:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Feb. 15, 2014 at 5:40 AM
4 moms liked this

I think you most definitely CAN be 100% ready and I'd respect his reasoning and wait it out a bit more.

ramalamasp
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 5:40 AM

True, you are never 100% ready. But, how much is a little? Can you afford a baby, or will having a child throw you off with paying off your debt? And we didn't have any debt when we planned our children.

Snakecharm
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 5:53 AM
Unless you are like 38+ years old, there is no rush. Wait until your both ready.... And seriously, not a bad idea to be out of debt first. Your hubby sounds smart.
want10more
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 5:58 AM

i have 6. prolly couldn't afford ONE. but we are doing it. cuz we wanna. my mom told me, if you wait to REALLY afford a kid, you'll never have one. just food for thot there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2014 at 5:59 AM
A little bit of debt like 1500 on credit cards which could be paid off with my bonus next week. And 1500 with medical which could be cut I half with income tax refund and substancially reduced every month after that.

Quoting ramalamasp:

True, you are never 100% ready. But, how much is a little? Can you afford a baby, or will having a child throw you off with paying off your debt? And we didn't have any debt when we planned our children.

ramalamasp
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 6:00 AM

Pay it off first. Having a child just because you want it is selfish. Your husband sounds very smart. And as someone else said, unless you are pushing 40, you have time.

Quoting Anonymous: A little bit of debt like 1500 on credit cards which could be paid off with my bonus next week. And 1500 with medical which could be cut I half with income tax refund and substancially reduced every month after that.

Quoting ramalamasp:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2014 at 6:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't have that.

Quoting Anonymous: I hate this. I want another baby so bad. DH is convinced that we're not ready. Yes we have a little credit card debt and medical bills. Who doesn't have that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2014 at 6:01 AM
See that's what kills me. There's so many other people that are functioning just fine with less money and more kids.

We have one child and we make upwards of 90k a year. Another child wouldn't hurt us.

Quoting want10more:

i have 6. prolly couldn't afford ONE. but we are doing it. cuz we wanna. my mom told me, if you wait to REALLY afford a kid, you'll never have one. just food for thot there.

Marias14
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 6:02 AM
I was definitely not ready but so blessed to have him I am a better person Bc of him... Life is to short but it would help to have extra money at times
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2014 at 6:03 AM
Blah not pushing 40. He is, but not me.

My child will be 7 soon and I wanted him to have a sibling before 8. That's not going to happen at this rate.

Quoting Anonymous: A little bit of debt like 1500 on credit cards which could be paid off with my bonus next week. And 1500 with medical which could be cut I half with income tax refund and substancially reduced every month after that.

Quoting ramalamasp:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)