Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I start class tonight... and DH is unhappy.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 179 Replies
2 moms liked this
I paid for a certification course, and I start class tonight.

We had already agreed on this. We need me working and I will be in 2-3 months. But my paying for the course means he can't get the instrument cases he wants right now. He's going to have to wait and I will ship him the instruments as we can afford it. But between the military (he came down on orders for Italy) and custody issues with my DD we have to split into two households, his one income cannot support two households. So I found a course that is 2-3 months long, and helps with job placement, plus the cost of my certification exam and all of my books is included.

Was I wrong to go ahead with what we had agreed on, or should I have let him get the cases. The cases are expensive and only benefit him. My going back to work benefits all of us.

Every time I try to go to school or back to work he fights it. And I'm sick of him guilting me into staying home.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:54 AM
51 moms liked this
Obviously something to better your future is a lot more important than a instrument case. That shouldn't even be a question
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:54 AM
15 moms liked this
Is that how you want to live your life? That's the type of man that will leave you with nothing.
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Quoting svolkov: Obviously something to better your future is a lot more important than a instrument case. That shouldn't even be a question
Mashnut3161
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:57 AM
4 moms liked this

he might be insecure that you are trying to better yourself so you can support yourself to leave him

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
The plan we had lined out was that I would get my tech certification now while he's here so I can support myself and the kids while he's gone, and I'll start full time college in the fall after I'm working and after he's gone so I can get the PharmD I want.

Quoting svolkov: Obviously something to better your future is a lot more important than a instrument case. That shouldn't even be a question
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:59 AM
4 moms liked this
What kind of cert?
Well I applaud you for doing anything. Men tend to feel threatened by our strength. Let him bitch, don't let it bring you down, and when it's said and done I bet he appreciates it. If not, good you made an improvement so you have options... just in case.
lalaballet
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:59 AM
Do it. You will regret not, this is from another mil spouse.

Quoting Anonymous: The plan we had lined out was that I would get my tech certification now while he's here so I can support myself and the kids while he's gone, and I'll start full time college in the fall after I'm working and after he's gone so I can get the PharmD I want.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2014 at 11:00 AM
2 moms liked this
Trust me I know. He cut me off completely when he deployed. I really don't want to end up like that again. I'm afraid he''ll decide to screw me over and this gives me the se urity that I'll be okay whether he does or not.

Quoting Anonymous: Is that how you want to live your life? That's the type of man that will leave you with nothing.
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Has just pouting lol do what you planned

Quoting Anonymous: The plan we had lined out was that I would get my tech certification now while he's here so I can support myself and the kids while he's gone, and I'll start full time college in the fall after I'm working and after he's gone so I can get the PharmD I want.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2014 at 11:02 AM
I'm not going to say it's not crossed my mind. Things have been very rocky the last few years. To put it mildly. I'm still willing to work on it, but I'm reserved with him right now.

Quoting Mashnut3161:

he might be insecure that you are trying to better yourself so you can support yourself to leave him

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)