Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i offended a mother at a restaurant last night...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 559 Replies
15 moms liked this
Dh and I went out to eat last night...After waiting 45 minutes for a table we were finally seated (8:45) and within 15 minutes I had to ask a mother to control her child and then had to ask to be seated elsewhere...
The table next to us had a mother, father and a 2 year old little girl...This little girl was crying, screaming and then started to throw her food and utensils..
The first time a spoon hit my table, I looked over and told the parents to control their child or take her home that they were being disrespectful to others around them by allowing their child to act like that..(The whole time the child was acting out and throwing stuff the parents never said a word to the child) The mother spoke up and told me she was just a toddler and they throw fits, I told her I agree however a restaurant was not the place to allow a child to act like that and it was rude to allow her child to throw items especially when it was hitting my table..
The second time a piece of bread landed in my salad, I looked at Dh and told him enough was enough,
when the waitress came to my table I asked her to either please seat us else where or ask the other table to leave..the waitress ask what was wrong so I told her that the parents at the other table were rude and disrespectful and I was tired of listening to their child, but even more tired of having utensils and food thrown at my table by their child and they allowing it..
Waitress left came back a couple of minutes later with a manager and the other table was told to leave and gave us our meal on the house :)
So we left a 20 tip for the waitress!!!

Would you have asked to be moved?

Edit...This was not a family restaurant, they offer no kids menus and this is a nice place where entrees start at 25.00, Had the parents tried to control their child instead of ignoring her and allowing her to throw items, I would have never said anything...we have three kids and no way would they be allowed to act that way...we go out 2-3 times a year we should be allowed to enjoy a meal without bratty kids
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grumpycat
by New Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:33 PM
7 moms liked this

You sound like a peach.

petitekatie
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:33 PM
21 moms liked this
Yeah, I would have asked to move or talked to a manager. I wouldn't have talked to the family though.
homeschoolmom9
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't go to family restaurants if you don't like kids
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:34 PM
6 moms liked this
We have before. No way I want to sit next to a screaming brat on the one night a month I get to go out with my husband alone.
Anonymous
10 moms liked this
You'd sit there and do/say nothing? Right.

Quoting grumpycat:

You sound like a peach.

Anonymous
4 moms liked this
I would have just asked to be moved. Otherwise, you sound like a bitch.
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:34 PM
27 moms liked this
I would not appreciate having utentils and food being thrown at my table. My son had a tantrum at breakfast the other morning and I took him home. I have respect for my fellow diners.
whooperz
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:35 PM
5 moms liked this
No. I would have dealt with it. I have a 2 year old don't know why at 8:45 they were even out trying to have dinner. Poor thing was probably exhausted!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:35 PM
40 moms liked this
Control your hellspawn.

Quoting homeschoolmom9: Don't go to family restaurants if you don't like kids
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:35 PM
8 moms liked this

I've been in that situation before. I told the parents to please make their child stop...They ignored me. The next time the kid did it again, i told the KID to sit down, be quiet or they would be in trouble with the cops.  Kid sat still and behaved.

I have no problem controlling someone elses kid if they can't do it themselves. But then again i'm a bitch...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)