Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Money can't buy happiness

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
1 mom liked this
Is always said BUT...having enough of it relieves the number one stress and cause for divorce so isn't it kind of the same thing?

Discuss
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:37 PM
I concur.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Money can buy temporary happiness and relieve amounts of stress. But no matter how much money in the world you have, you will always have other problems...which normally leads to the opposite of happiness.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:40 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't think so. A lot of people with money are unhappy and stay in an unhappy marriage for money.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband and I decided, very early on, to not insert money problems into our marriage.....they're two totally different things.  You can have money problems whether you're married or single, but marital problems are about marriage....they're separate, and should stay separate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:43 PM

meh...it would make me alot happier.  I could quit a job i hate and actually do what i want in life. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:47 PM
Yup. Things are tight every month financially for us. It's our only problem and only stress. My DH and i never fight about money or anything, we're very good about that and our marriage is solid, but money does cause stress.
and if i could afford to go on a vacation I'd be one hell of a happy momma! ;)
Ms.D-_-
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:47 PM
It can buy temporary happiness.
BrownEyedGirl86
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:50 PM
Money doesn't buy happiness
Money may make the financial load easier but that doesn't mean everything is peaches n cream.
sarasunshine99
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:50 PM

...but it sure does make things easier.  I've been poor and I've been rich...I like being rich a lot more : )

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

It can relieve a lot of stress.  It can prevent problems - reliable car, regular medical/dental/vision care, healthy food, good educational opportunities, safe place to live.

Can it solve problems?  Sure, some of them.  Not enough time to clean the housei?  Hire someone.  Can't get the yard done?  Hire someone.    Don't want to cook?  Go out.  Not enough time with your husband because you're spending all weekend doing chores?  Hire it out.

Does it create problems?  Well, I guess it could of some sorts.  For us, we had little to no money at the beginning of our marriage, and it almost broke us up.  It was awful - never having money to go anywhere, cars breaking down, juggling bills.  The stress was sky high.  Now we have plenty of money - all bills are paid all the time, cars are reliable (and if they aren't, we get a new one), we can go out if we don't want to cook, take a vacation if we feel like getting away.

The only problem money has ever caused in our 25 years together is when we didn't have enough of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)