Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Walmart..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
Who here remembers when the first Walmart came to your state and your mom being supper excited? We drove over 100 miles for the privilege of shopping at Walmart!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:39 PM
I would like to go back in time and kick mom in the shins and tell her what she and her friends had started.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:40 PM

not i

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Lol I do. They had an awesome ring display and every ring was 4.97. It was the coolest thing ever in 1994. And yes we drove many miles to check it out
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Walmart didn't even open up their first store in my state until 1992, and it  too far away for me to even bother with. We were hold outs in my city, we did get one a few years later.  I've never shopped at a Walmart and I seriously doubt I ever will.  Oh yeah, I was already 35 when the first one opened.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:46 PM
Yeah. I was so proud of my give Walmart wardrobe! All the kids were jealous!

Quoting Anonymous: Lol I do. They had an awesome ring display and every ring was 4.97. It was the coolest thing ever in 1994. And yes we drove many miles to check it out
polkaspots
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:46 PM
I don't remember there not being a Walmart...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:48 PM

I was only 2 and don't remember it, lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:49 PM
I always get great deals at Walmart. I just made a post about it too it's my favorited place to shop.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:50 PM

There wasn't Wal-Mart on Long Island when I lived there.....and when I moved to Pennsylvania, they were already here. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:50 PM
I know. Only time Walmart is cool is when it's brand new. Man times have changed

Quoting Anonymous: Yeah. I was so proud of my give Walmart wardrobe! All the kids were jealous!

Quoting Anonymous: Lol I do. They had an awesome ring display and every ring was 4.97. It was the coolest thing ever in 1994. And yes we drove many miles to check it out
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN