Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I got them kicked out....and I don't care!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

I took my dd to see Frozen tonight. Yes, tonight, at 8pm. Omg I'm such a horrible mother! We get there roughly fifteen minutes prior to show time. The theater is fairly empty; a family in front of us, a couple to our left and a handful of scattered mother/daughter pairs in the next few rows. The point is, the show wasn't sold out and there were plenty of seats open. A group teenagers of 6 teens walk in louder than the surround sound. They conveniently sit in our row (next to the couple sitting next to my dd and I). They were loud and annoying, taking the mandatory status update selfies, etc etc. I let it go, afterall I was an obnoxious teen once and the movie hasn't started yet do it's not a huge deal. The cursing, loud yelling, picture taking, throwing food continues as the lights dim. I can hear the couple next to me getting irritated. I was actually hoping that they would either say something to the kids or go get the manager, but alas, people these days are a bunch of kitty cats. The movie has now started and these fucking kids are not giving it up. I didn't want to make my dd leave the movie... I struggled with letting her stay or bringing her with me, but ultimately decided she was old enough to stay alone for a few minutes as I took off to get the manager. The manager followed me and watched the kids from below for a few minutes. She then came up to give them a warning. I was happy with that because they settled down and we were able to enjoy the movie. She came back in maybe fifteen minutes later to randomly catch one of the kids checking his cell phone, stormed up the stairs and told the kids to get out. It was great. And the movie was too. El fin.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinglife1622
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:03 AM
Good I would do the same. If someone is being rude and acting up I'll get an attendant.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:11 AM

Was there a rule against checking cellphones or was it making alot of noise?  Yeah I get kids being kids but there is that line and not alot of people that are willing to hold others up to that standard.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I think no cellphone use during the movie is a general rule for most theatres.

Quoting Anonymous:

Was there a rule against checking cellphones or was it making alot of noise?  Yeah I get kids being kids but there is that line and not alot of people that are willing to hold others up to that standard.

jenny3344
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:18 AM
Some teens today are very bold and have loud gutter mouths and no boundaries. I've met a few through my ds and didn't approve of them. But I must add that there are some well mannered teens who respect others and would not act that way.
TurtleMami
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:19 AM

I once got a few teens kicked out. The manager didn't give them a warning, just told them to leave.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:23 AM
It doesn't matter if there is a rule or not. Dark theatre, commom courtesy is silence your phone and wait until after the movie to check your facebook status or text messsge.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FelineTopic
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I've gotten people kicked out od the movie house for this stuff...

Want to goof off while watching a movie, rent and stay home...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:25 AM
Im constantly telling people to shut up and reporting them to the managers. I refuse to see any scary movie in theatres, all the screaming of anything spooky happens- then feeling the need to talk about it. Arhg! Drives me nuts.
Good Job op! They need to learn a lesson.
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Good, I can't stand that shit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:28 AM
This is why I didn't let my eldest go to the theatre with her friends. She makes great choices individually but not with her friends and probably would have done the exact same thing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)