Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'll vote for any president who...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

Agrees to get rid of the freaking common core. I cannot even understand my first grader's math homework. It' isn't that the instructions are difficult to understand but ... damn they are. I mean she is in first grade and pretty much learning multiplication. Half the time she's in tears because she doesn't understand and I have no clue how she is supposed to do it. I'm actually pretty sure I'm screwing her up by telling her to "just figure it out this way" instead. 

I'm not dumb. I have a college degree for goodness sakes but I really do not like the way math is being handled. It's extremely frustrating. Does anyone else feel like an idiot when helping your kid with their homework?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I homeschooled. There are things that I have relearned or just learning for the first time, but we work together if they are having a hard time with a new concept until I know they understand it
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:21 AM

Does anyone else feel like an idiot when helping your kid with their homework?

Yes, often. But I use Google and Youtube to help teach myself first. I understand common core isn't always the easiest but I can't change it so I try my best to keep my cool and roll with what they are teaching.

AngelSinger
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Same here. I think it's one of the perks of homeschooling. 

Quoting Anonymous: I homeschooled. There are things that I have relearned or just learning for the first time, but we work together if they are having a hard time with a new concept until I know they understand it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:26 AM
I will vote for that. I hate common core. Stupidest shit I ever saw. College educated and I walk away shaking my head most of the time.
MelanieMans
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:28 AM
RON PAUL!
csxt99
by Jennifer on Feb. 16, 2014 at 5:11 AM

Khan Academy has videos on YouTube.  My daughter and I have found them to be helpful, but I am not sure what ages they are good for. We started viewing them when my daughter was in fifth grade. 

88-Keys
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 5:15 AM
1 mom liked this

NOT RON PAUL --- RUPAUL.

RuPaul thinks that reading is fundamental, wants marriage for everybody, doesn't care how you live your life as long as you're being a decent human being, and you can bet that everything and everyone in government would be getting a desperately needed makeover.

Quoting MelanieMans: RON PAUL!

TheDrsRose
by Bad♥Wolf on Feb. 16, 2014 at 5:18 AM
I don't know what that is. I'm screwed.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 5:19 AM
I honestly have no issue with this....
I was bored in school. I am sure dd would if things weren't so fast paced!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 5:26 AM
Dd is in 1st grade. They are working on the same things and she has an A. I have no issues with it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN