Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

oh snap i took my son to a non kid friendly restaurant! EDIT

just thought it was funny because I read a few posts today about kids in non kid restaurants. my husband took me out to dinner for Valentine's day last night. my mom was going to watch my son but MY MOM had a tantrum before we left so we took him with us. when we got there we found out it was not really a kid friendly place they had high chairs that's it. but he was so good it even shocked me he whispered almost the whole time . he ate with his fork and barely made a mess at all just a little rice on the floor which I picked up. our waitress loved him he kept waving to her saying hey every time she came by. he was a doll so we took him for frozen yogurt

edit my mom was the one throwing a tantrum she is going through THE CHANGE OF LIFE
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:26 AM
Replies (101-102):
TattooLoveShow
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:10 PM
I was just woried bc he is almost two and when he is tired he gets cranky you know how the terrible twos go.

Quoting grnhsegoddess: My kid would be fine somewhere like that too. I think a lot of people just don't teach manners along with colors and abc's.
lulalacroix
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:42 PM
Thats a great story about your boys. And singing is always better than screaming! Lol.

Quoting Anonymous: Second that. Depending on what the tanturm is for about will make my descision to discipline or not.

My 5 yr old likes to sing and dance when we go places. As soon as he hears music hes up singing and dancing. Thats the only thing Ive had my children do. Went to ihop once and he started singing Personality an oldie song with his older brother. It was Sunday and there eldery people there from church. Im thinking oh man whats going to happen. Turns out the whole group started singing and dancing with them. It was fun to watch. The people said thank you you have wonderful children. My boys are Aspies like me so random things are always going to happen. Youngest is a bit more on the spectrum hence music. Half the time if I am going out and youngest gets over stimulated I just carry him in a sling; I made.

Or if with family we just take turns carrying him.

Quoting lulalacroix:

I'm happy he behaved, but you gave in when he threw a tantrum?  You are in for a long and difficult road if this is how you parent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN