Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

oh snap i took my son to a non kid friendly restaurant! EDIT

just thought it was funny because I read a few posts today about kids in non kid restaurants. my husband took me out to dinner for Valentine's day last night. my mom was going to watch my son but MY MOM had a tantrum before we left so we took him with us. when we got there we found out it was not really a kid friendly place they had high chairs that's it. but he was so good it even shocked me he whispered almost the whole time . he ate with his fork and barely made a mess at all just a little rice on the floor which I picked up. our waitress loved him he kept waving to her saying hey every time she came by. he was a doll so we took him for frozen yogurt

edit my mom was the one throwing a tantrum she is going through THE CHANGE OF LIFE
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:26 AM
Replies (21-30):
TattooLoveShow
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 5:42 AM
I'm not bothered by it but some places aren't kid friendly and people go there for that. I wouldn't have takin him there if I had known but we were already in the place

Quoting TheDrsRose: I feel like the only person on the planet not bothered by kids crying or screaming or whatever else. I just don't get the big deal I guess?
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 5:44 AM
Seconded. Its when they are screaming that I hate it.

Quoting Anonymous:

As long as they are not screaming and throwing things, I have no problem with kids in restaurants! 

TheDrsRose
by Bad♥Wolf on Feb. 16, 2014 at 5:44 AM
IMO?This is just as much my planet as theirs so..yeah. If you want nothing to do with the latest generation of mankind then well..that's your problem.

Again that's just me.

Quoting TattooLoveShow: I'm not bothered by it but some places aren't kid friendly and people go there for that. I wouldn't have takin him there if I had known but we were already in the place

Quoting TheDrsRose: I feel like the only person on the planet not bothered by kids crying or screaming or whatever else. I just don't get the big deal I guess?
TattooLoveShow
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 5:45 AM
thank you

she is going through THE CHANGE OF LIFE
you have to say it ominously lol

Quoting whovianmum:

lol how sad when it's the little one's setting the good example instead of the adults.Congrats on raising a well behaved lil man.

good

Quoting TattooLoveShow: yes it was my mom

Quoting Anonymous: I read it as the mom had a tantrum. Lol!

Quoting Anonymous: So basically you rewarded your kid for throwing a temper tantrum. Great job.

whovianmum
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:32 AM

That must suck but I cracked up imagining it in a voice of doom!

laughing

Quoting TattooLoveShow: thank you

she is going through THE CHANGE OF LIFE
you have to say it ominously lol

Quoting whovianmum:

lol how sad when it's the little one's setting the good example instead of the adults.Congrats on raising a well behaved lil man.

good

Quoting TattooLoveShow: yes it was my mom

Quoting Anonymous: I read it as the mom had a tantrum. Lol!

Quoting Anonymous: So basically you rewarded your kid for throwing a temper tantrum. Great job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:37 AM
4 moms liked this
The reading comprehension skills on this board suck donkey balls.

I'm glad your son behaved. I pity the women here who think they can only take their kids to fast food restaurants. Pity their kids too, missing out on all the learning experiences a good restaurant has to offer. It makes no sense to teach your kids that eating out means cheeseburgers in boxes and cheap pizza in a loud and dirty environment.
halleys_mommy_1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:38 AM
Im with you! Unless they are tripping up the staff or throwing china i dont care.

But my son is autistic and has SPD so im used to it i guess?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suzanneyea
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:40 AM

I don't think anyone minds kids in restaurants when they behave. It is when they are screaming that most of us get annoyed. For me. That includes family restaurants. If we are eating at Denny's, I still don't want to hear your screaming brat any more than I want to hear him at the Four Seasons.

suzanneyea
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:42 AM

There is an age where taking them to a nicer restaurant is an option. My lo is 21 months, I would not take him to a nice restaurant. He is too young to sit for such a LNG period, it would be setting him up for failure. Maybe at three.

Quoting Anonymous: The reading comprehension skills on this board suck donkey balls.

I'm glad your son behaved. I pity the women here who think they can only take their kids to fast food restaurants. Pity their kids too, missing out on all the learning experiences a good restaurant has to offer. It makes no sense to teach your kids that eating out means cheeseburgers in boxes and cheap pizza in a loud and dirty environment.

nikki4eva88
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:29 AM
Glad your son behaved. I've always taken dd to "grown up"restaurants. She enjoys it, always well behaved.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN