Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

oh snap i took my son to a non kid friendly restaurant! EDIT

just thought it was funny because I read a few posts today about kids in non kid restaurants. my husband took me out to dinner for Valentine's day last night. my mom was going to watch my son but MY MOM had a tantrum before we left so we took him with us. when we got there we found out it was not really a kid friendly place they had high chairs that's it. but he was so good it even shocked me he whispered almost the whole time . he ate with his fork and barely made a mess at all just a little rice on the floor which I picked up. our waitress loved him he kept waving to her saying hey every time she came by. he was a doll so we took him for frozen yogurt

edit my mom was the one throwing a tantrum she is going through THE CHANGE OF LIFE
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:26 AM
Replies (41-50):
Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 8:07 AM
We have always taken our kids out with us. They have never been an issue when we're out. If they were loud or poorly behaved, we would leave them home. Most of the time, they're quieter than the adults.
RobinBright
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this
The edit was only to clarify what she already said because people like you didn't read correctly...

Quoting Anonymous:

well excuse me her highfuckingness didn't edit her stupid fucking post in time....

Quoting RobinBright: Great, another CM member who can't read.

Quoting Anonymous:

great...another parent who can't parent

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 16, 2014 at 8:08 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

well excuse me her highfuckingness didn't edit her stupid fucking post in time....

Quoting Anonymous:

It didn't need the edit.  It is written correctly the first time.

See:without the pronoun HE, it has to be the Mom that had the tantrum.

my mom was going to watch my son but had a tantrum before we left so we took him with us.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 16, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Both my kids started going to nice restaurants as babies and I have never once had a problem. We don't do six course meals of course but if I hold my 12 month old until the first course arrives she is happy sitting in her high chair for a couple of courses. Last weekend we went out for Italian and she happily munched on garlic bread followed by arancini then artichoke and fontina ravioli with pesto and a little taste of gelato. 

Quoting suzanneyea:

There is an age where taking them to a nicer restaurant is an option. My lo is 21 months, I would not take him to a nice restaurant. He is too young to sit for such a LNG period, it would be setting him up for failure. Maybe at three.

Quoting Anonymous: The reading comprehension skills on this board suck donkey balls.

I'm glad your son behaved. I pity the women here who think they can only take their kids to fast food restaurants. Pity their kids too, missing out on all the learning experiences a good restaurant has to offer. It makes no sense to teach your kids that eating out means cheeseburgers in boxes and cheap pizza in a loud and dirty environment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 16, 2014 at 10:17 AM
Reading comprehension issues? Or just excited to pick a fight?

Quoting Anonymous: You should have left him. Tantrum or not. I am surprised he was good since he clearly gets what he wants by throwing a tantrum.
suzanneyea
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 10:17 AM

All kids are different. It is up to the parents to know what will work or not work. My 21 month old, would not make it through dinner. He would not sit happily chewing on bread. He is very active and can often be loud. I am sure he will settle down as he gets older, but for now I avoid restaurants. Maybe a breakfast out in a casual setting, that seems to work.

Quoting Anonymous:

Both my kids started going to nice restaurants as babies and I have never once had a problem. We don't do six course meals of course but if I hold my 12 month old until the first course arrives she is happy sitting in her high chair for a couple of courses. Last weekend we went out for Italian and she happily munched on garlic bread followed by arancini then artichoke and fontina ravioli with pesto and a little taste of gelato. 

Quoting suzanneyea:

There is an age where taking them to a nicer restaurant is an option. My lo is 21 months, I would not take him to a nice restaurant. He is too young to sit for such a LNG period, it would be setting him up for failure. Maybe at three.

Quoting Anonymous: The reading comprehension skills on this board suck donkey balls.

I'm glad your son behaved. I pity the women here who think they can only take their kids to fast food restaurants. Pity their kids too, missing out on all the learning experiences a good restaurant has to offer. It makes no sense to teach your kids that eating out means cheeseburgers in boxes and cheap pizza in a loud and dirty environment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 16, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Haha! Nice reply! Excited to pick a fight????

Didn't realize grown adults had tantrums. Sorry. :) and I was reading this at 2 or 3 AM. so......

Quoting Anonymous: Reading comprehension issues? Or just excited to pick a fight?

Quoting Anonymous: You should have left him. Tantrum or not. I am surprised he was good since he clearly gets what he wants by throwing a tantrum.
TattooLoveShow
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this
thank you RobinBright
even after I edited it no one sees that its my mom who was throwing a tantrum

Quoting Anonymous:

TattooLoveShow
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 10:42 AM
no drinks or food that is for a child luckily I brought him a drink and he likes steamed dumpings the only thing not spicy they had

Quoting RobinBright: If they have high chairs, what else do you need?
TattooLoveShow
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 10:45 AM
I edited the post hours before you posted no reason to be nasty

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)