Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Loss of Baby gift?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

What sort of gift do you give when someone loses an infant? Flowers are the "norm" but they're 3000 miles away and I don't want to take the chance on something going wrong (crappy arrangement, etc.). I found a beautiful windchime and candle holder that I think would be nice, but I don't want to just order it online and have it shipped to them, I want to send something myself with a personalized note. I'm having the damnedest time even thinking of places I could go locally to find something. Any ideas, ladies?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2014 at 10:13 AM
Replies (21-30):
Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Personally I think a food basket is always received well.. it shows you're thinking, that you care.. but Im a foody - others might feel differently.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was thinking that, too, originally last night but I wasn't sure if a food basket was tacky in this situation?

Quoting Foolynroo2:

food basket always works, and you can personalize the gift cards.

http://www.harryanddavid.com/h/gift-baskets-tower-boxes/gift-boxes/24429#:s=best:p=1

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 16, 2014 at 10:30 AM
There's a site called Molly bears
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2014 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

this was what I was looking at all last night and keep coming back to, but having it shipped to me, then ship it to them it'd take roughly 2 weeks and I'm not sure if that's too long... seriously just stuck right now, you know?

The bow’s cascading ribbon reads:

I am more than a memory
You will feel our love grow

The heart holding the angel reads:

I am forever your angel
Some things you just know

While the solid heart reads:

For today I can share
That in Heaven above
God's taken my hand

I am complete...I am love

Quoting Anonymous: If you call the funeral home- usually they can recommend the florist they partner with so you know they will be taken care of. For an infant loss- me personally I would think something that could be worn close but wouldn't make people ask questions- like a necklace with the birthstone on it maybe with the name inscribed on the back

DEJavu17
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 10:33 AM
I think the wind chime is a beautiful idea. Maybe have the baby's name engraved on one of the chimes. Then I would add a card that says something like "when the wind blows he is with you" or something along those lines.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 16, 2014 at 10:35 AM
What if she would have said yes? Is a miscarriage less important or less of a loss?

Quoting thetrollcat:

oh thats tough one.... Id just send flowers..... 

Quoting Anonymous:

no, unfortunately (God how horrible does that sound?) 6 month old infant =\

Quoting thetrollcat:

are you talking a miscarriage here?

JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 10:35 AM
3 moms liked this
Get them meal delivery so they don't have to worry about fixing dinner. There are a number of companies that do that nationwide.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 16, 2014 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I dont send gifts or flowers for miscarriages, no... Having a miscarriage and losing a CHILD is not the freaking same

Quoting Anonymous: What if she would have said yes? Is a miscarriage less important or less of a loss?

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2014 at 10:37 AM

I don't think that's what she meant, but it would influence the type of gift, IMO (something engraved with named/date of birth versus something else more appropriate for a miscarriage)

Quoting Anonymous: What if she would have said yes? Is a miscarriage less important or less of a loss?

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

reefermadness
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 10:38 AM

A wind chime sounds like a bad ass idea...

With the baby's name on it.

DEJavu17
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 10:39 AM
A friend of mine from high school started a program for families who have suffered miscarriage and loss of a child. Its called heart stitches. They send these sweet teddy bears to families.

Www.heartstitches.weebly.com
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN