Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Loss of Baby gift?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

What sort of gift do you give when someone loses an infant? Flowers are the "norm" but they're 3000 miles away and I don't want to take the chance on something going wrong (crappy arrangement, etc.). I found a beautiful windchime and candle holder that I think would be nice, but I don't want to just order it online and have it shipped to them, I want to send something myself with a personalized note. I'm having the damnedest time even thinking of places I could go locally to find something. Any ideas, ladies?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2014 at 10:13 AM
Replies (241-248):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 60 on Feb. 18, 2014 at 1:29 AM
I gave my ex's mom a Chinese lantern. Granted she was also doing the Chinese New years for her daycare, but I told her she can use it for the kids or use it for her dd. When I bought them, the city let of thousands in memory of someone. She's gonna use it for when her dd's birthday is.

Not sure if it'd be the same thing though. Ex's sister was 24 when she passed
Anonymous
by Anonymous 61 on Feb. 18, 2014 at 2:16 AM

I gave this to one of my best friends when her 9 month old son died. Better than gifts is just emotional support. 

http://www.amazon.com/Gone-but-Not-Lost-Grieving/dp/080101381X/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

skittleshawk
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 2:19 AM
a new baby duh or one of those creepy baby alive dolls
Anonymous
by Anonymous 62 on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:10 AM
I love the little angel statues that people place by headstones. That would be a nice start.

Quoting Anonymous:

What sort of gift do you give when someone loses an infant? Flowers are the "norm" but they're 3000 miles away and I don't want to take the chance on something going wrong (crappy arrangement, etc.). I found a beautiful windchime and candle holder that I think would be nice, but I don't want to just order it online and have it shipped to them, I want to send something myself with a personalized note. I'm having the damnedest time even thinking of places I could go locally to find something. Any ideas, ladies?

momto3B
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:45 AM

I don't give gifts in such a situation, I would send a condolence card. 

nanny1918
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:52 AM
When my son passed people sent flowers, I know they meant well but I could careless. The cards were nice because later on down the road I could read them again.
I like the idea of a wind chime.
I'm sorry for your friends loss.
theresaphilly
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:58 AM

No gifts, just be their for them with an open heart and a listening ear. When I lost my daughter, I wish folks stopped with the gifts and just listen to me, talk to me and stop avoiding me. 

shell3m
by Shell on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:01 AM
A memory necklace.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN