Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question for breastfeeding moms...

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:49 PM
  • 23 Replies
Ok so I've been nursing dd exclusively for 9 months. I gained 30 pounds during my pregnancy and dropped 20 of it almost instantly. Now I've got about 6 more pounds to lose and I have been stuck! I read that sometimes nursing mom's hold onto the last few pounds until they quit nursing. Anyone experience this??? Thanks
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meaganmac
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:51 PM
I lost weight like crazy breastfeeding. Are you making healthy eating choices? I do know some breastfeeding moms who used the extra calories needed to breastfeed as an excuse to eat whatever they wanted and didn't drop the weight easily.
3MusketeerMama
by EmmaRye Pie on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:53 PM

I lost about 2/3 of my baby weight just from breastfeeding but so much of it depends on your activity level. And by 6 months pp, your body has adjusted to breastfeeding so you usually don't keep dropping weight. Up your activity level. Take baby on walks/jogs around the neighborhood, join a gym, do some excercises at home. Don't change your diet drastically unless it is just to clean it up if you eat unhealthy.

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Yup with all mine. I look pregnant and hang on to some extra pounds till I'm done breastfeeding. Then I drop the belly and those few pounds. I still have 15lbs I never lost since my first. No matter what I did it just hung on.

megm11511
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:56 PM
We are clean eaters and don't eat junk. My diet hasn't changed drastically at all. Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

Quoting meaganmac: I lost weight like crazy breastfeeding. Are you making healthy eating choices? I do know some breastfeeding moms who used the extra calories needed to breastfeed as an excuse to eat whatever they wanted and didn't drop the weight easily.
megm11511
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:56 PM
Ok thanks, guess I need to start exercising every day instead of every other.

Quoting 3MusketeerMama:

I lost about 2/3 of my baby weight just from breastfeeding but so much of it depends on your activity level. And by 6 months pp, your body has adjusted to breastfeeding so you usually don't keep dropping weight. Up your activity level. Take baby on walks/jogs around the neighborhood, join a gym, do some excercises at home. Don't change your diet drastically unless it is just to clean it up if you eat unhealthy.

megm11511
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:58 PM
Ugh it's just these 6 extra stupid pounds. We are not junk food eaters by any means and I exercise every other day. Guess I'm going to have to make it every day. I want to lose it before we decide to try for the next one.

Quoting Raeann11:

Yup with all mine. I look pregnant and hang on to some extra pounds till I'm done breastfeeding. Then I drop the belly and those few pounds. I still have 15lbs I never lost since my first. No matter what I did it just hung on.

nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:59 PM
Me. I haven't lost anything breastfeeding. Instill have 10# to lose and that's after I lost 15 on the South beach diet.
megm11511
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 4:02 PM
It's super frustrating. I'm going to have to start exercising every day I guess. I know my diet is healthy. It's the same way I've been eating since before and during pregnancy. I'm not overweight now but I would really love to lose these last few pounds.

Quoting nocalmegan: Me. I haven't lost anything breastfeeding. Instill have 10# to lose and that's after I lost 15 on the South beach diet.
krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 4:06 PM
I am currently nursing my 5wk old and have lost all of her weight plus 3# but want to loose like 60more. Cant do much excersize but walking for 3 more weeks cuz i wana make sure i have my supply established. With my other kids i lost it right away but i made a lota bad choices food wise beforenthisnlast pregnancynand have a lot ofnweight to loose. Just make sure youndont overdo it and loose your milk. Good luck!
RocknRoll.Rose
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 4:10 PM

It's all in the boobs, lol. Flaunt it.

Conner

Wyatt and Tabitha

"The baby girl without a chance. A victim of circumstance. The one who ought to give up but she's just too hard headed. A single mom who works two jobs, who loves her kids and never stops, with gentle hands and the heart of a fighter. I'm a survivor"
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)