Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Anyone who doesn't research vaccines is ignorant."

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 223 Replies
2 moms liked this
Someone said this during a dispute on a friends Facebook page over vaccines.

Do you agree?

I was scared to get my LOs vaccinated but trusted their pediatricians advice. No I didn't look up mom groups or do intense research to find out exactly what is in them.

I guess I'm ignorant..
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
that_girl_kk
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:12 PM
9 moms liked this

I do think it's strange how people go about their daily lives eating/drinking/injesting/injecting things when they have no idea what's in them. We're living in the information age, it's all at our finger tips.

gumbeme06
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Ignorant isn't the word I would use but I think all parents should research things like vaccines for themselves
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:14 PM
6 moms liked this

And by that, I'm sure they mean "If you don't fall in to the conspiracy theory crap..."

jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:15 PM
3 moms liked this
25 years ago I just went with the flow and had my children vaccinated. DD is expecting her first child. I told her to research, and vaccinate! LoL

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:16 PM
The furthest I went with vaccine research was talking to a friend of mine that's a nurse. She has nothing to gain from lying about them so I trust her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Information at your fingertips is a double-edged sword. 

Quoting that_girl_kk:

I do think it's strange how people go about their daily lives eating/drinking/injesting/injecting things when they have no idea what's in them. We're living in the information age, it's all at our finger tips.

TookOffMyROBE
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:16 PM
2 moms liked this
These days "researching" isnt even accurate. :-/

Dependant on how you search a topic, you could find all positive details or all negative ones.......

*shrugs*
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:18 PM
I just felt like reading that stuff would scare me. No matter what I was going to get them vaccinated. The proof vaccines are the best route is right outside my door. None of these disease are around for a reason. That's really all the info I needed. Plus their pedi. told me the side effects are rare. If they were common, I would have thought twice.

Quoting that_girl_kk:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:18 PM

I completely agree. 

Quoting TookOffMyROBE: These days "researching" isnt even accurate. :-/

Dependant on how you search a topic, you could find all positive details or all negative ones.......

*shrugs*

briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:18 PM
3 moms liked this

That's why you weed through the positive and the negative, find as many FACTS as you can, and make an informed decision.

Better, IMO, than just saying "oh well, my kid's pediatrician said it's important so I'm gonna do it."

Quoting TookOffMyROBE: These days "researching" isnt even accurate. :-/

*shrugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured