Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"Don't discipline my child! He's not your child!"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies

My neighbor always lets her child come outside when we are outside playing. The problem is this kid is a little terror!

Today we were playing in the snow having fun in the front yard. He comes out and everything is great at first. Then he starts throwing snow (we have gravel in the front yard), so the snow had rocks in it. I asked him not to throw snow at us because it hurts with the large peices of rock in it.

He didn't listen and threw it again, hitting my DD in the face and she started crying. 

I turned to him and said, "You need to go back inside for a little while" He told me his mom went to the store so he couldn't. I told him to sit down on my porch until he was ready to listen.

His mom came over and told me she isn't comfortable with me disciplining her child, because they "choose not to punish, but let natural consequences" But I mean, she didn't ask me to watch him, just left to go to the store (only 5 mins away but still). What else was I suppose to do?

He is 7 or 8. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
loquacious
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:33 PM
3 moms liked this

She left her kid alone?  Call cps

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh Jesus. Well he wouldn't be playing with my children anymore. Natural consequences? What a fucking moron
suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:34 PM

That is very odd. He just came over into your yard? Did you see his mother leaving?

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:34 PM
6 moms liked this
Tell her if she leaves him with you and he acts up he will naturally get punished because you aren't putting up with that BS.
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:34 PM
4 moms liked this

My rule is, you're in my yard, you follow my rules.  Period.  

If she wants him to follow natural consequences and doesn't like other people disciplining him, she needs to keep him at home.

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:36 PM
4 moms liked this
Lol well the "natural consequences" of his actions were that he got his ass put in the corner and punished for misbehaving.

If she doesn't like it, she can refrain from dumping her child off on other people without making prior arrangements.
Bluerose1482
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Tell her the natural consequence of his actions was that he isn't allowed to play in your yard for the rest of the day.

LadyAmaranth
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:38 PM
5 moms liked this

Natural consequence then....He threw rocky snow, let your child return the favor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Quoting suzanneyea:

That is very odd. He just came over into your yard? Did you see his mother leaving?

He does this all the time! I have a child his age, and they play together sometimes. This is the first time his mom just left him home though (well to my knowledge). I didn't see her leave, but she lives about 3 houses up the street and I was busy making a snowman lol

Okie-chick
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh she sounds awesome. Tell her to watch her own damn kid. You're not his babysitter.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)