Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wwyd? My father's new gf is NUTS

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
My father and I are not close at all, let me say that first. Frankly, he's a jerk, he can be cruel and abusive and he's a man whore. Anyway. Since he and my mother divorced it's been a stream of different women one right after the other. His last gf actually lasted 2 1/2 years or so and my sister and I and all of our kids LOVE her. The kids got very attached to her. My father screwed that up and they broke up maybe a month ago, a little less maybe. Last week my sister texts me that dun dun dun there's a new woman already. I thought "Damn that was fast". But figured it's his life, he's a couple hours away from me so I don't have to be around it, so whatever. The woman, let's call her E, had already sent my sister a fb request and my sister blocked her. This morning, about 7:30 I get not one but three messages from this woman. Now, supposedly she's known my father maybe a week and a half. But the messages go on about how kind and caring he is and how he talks about my sister and I and our families all the time, and she knows they haven't known each other long but they're "ready for each other" and she loves him so much "so deep in her heart" and wouldn't ever dream of hurting him etc. She apologized if he's spending less time with us because he's with her but they're SO happy and in love. She sounds insane! A week and a half ffs.

So she's nuts. And he's obviously lying to her. I haven't even seen my father since last summer and have only spoken to himvia text maybe twice. That's not surprising though, he's specifically asked me to tell women how great he is and how awful my mother was to him before. Anyway, I want no parts of that mess and my sister doesn't either. Here's where it gets sticky. He lives 5 minutes from my sister. My niece's birthday party is this weekend at a firehouse that my father reserved because he helps out there. He informed my sister that he's bringing E. She asked him not to. She told him it's too soon, she's not ready to meet her and doesn't want the kids to meet her yet either because it's confusing for them. Especially considering how close they are to the last one. He basically told her tough he's bringing her anyway. After I got those messages this morning I sent them to my sister. She had the same reaction I did which is basically "WTF". But now we're seriously concerned about this woman being around the kids. Maybe we're overreacting but it's just so bizarre. So we don't know what to do. He won't listen to reason and the party is less than a week away. My sister is afraid if she makes him any more mad he'll cancel the firehall. She's tried to find another place to have it but hasn't had any luck yet. She and our father have always been close so this is harder for her. I barely have contact with him as it is so that's not really an issue for me. But I'm uncomfortable about tjis party. He'll play the doting grandfatherand want her to hold my babies and all and I'm just not okay with that. Neither is my sister. But neither of us is sure what to do about the party..
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:30 PM
That's longer than I intended.
Constant_Reader
by ~ curly mop on top ~ on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:33 PM
Dammit. That's a rock and a hard place. Bump for good advice!
SaratheN
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:33 PM
I'd switch places or do it in my home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:34 PM
Thanks!

Quoting Constant_Reader: Dammit. That's a rock and a hard place. Bump for good advice!
ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:34 PM

wow... i have no advice.. so here's a dump

jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:35 PM
No advice. Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:35 PM
She's trying. Her home isn't big enough.

Quoting SaratheN: I'd switch places or do it in my home.
grnhsegoddess
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:35 PM
Go to the party and when he starts the doting pa pa act call him out on it, but not hateful, like matter of fact. Remind the child who he is before you hand them over, and ask him how the last several months has been, since you haven't seen or talk to him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:36 PM
Thanks.

Quoting ilovemykids323:

wow... i have no advice.. so here's a dump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:39 PM
Not a bad idea. Except I don't want to hand them over. :-/ I know it probably sounds bad but...

Quoting grnhsegoddess: Go to the party and when he starts the doting pa pa act call him out on it, but not hateful, like matter of fact. Remind the child who he is before you hand them over, and ask him how the last several months has been, since you haven't seen or talk to him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured