Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you live in Tennessee..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 99 Replies
Can you tell me about Tennessee, climate, cost of living, schools, taxes or any other information would be great...we are looking to possibly buy a home in Tennessee

Not sure what part quite yet, so just tell me about the area that you live in :)
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandaday
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:13 PM
What part? I'm in east Tennessee, near Knoxville. This area is nothing like Nashville or Memphis.
ChasBob91
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:14 PM
I am in a small town in West Tennessee. What part of Tennessee?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Not sure yet, so tell me about your area

Quoting mandaday: What part? I'm in east Tennessee, near Knoxville. This area is nothing like Nashville or Memphis.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:24 PM
Not sure yet, so just tell me about your area :)

Quoting ChasBob91: I am in a small town in West Tennessee. What part of Tennessee?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:27 PM
No state income tax. I don't live in Tennessee but really liked Nashville when I visited. Everyone is so nice
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:28 PM
I stayed in Cleveland a very small town back in 06 then stayed in Athens costs of everything were pretty much the same as everywhere else, I was there about a yr temps were muggy in the summer but had pretty scenery the ocoee and hiwassieee rivers are beautiful
TattooedMom104
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:30 PM
East TN- snow one day, shorts and a tee the next. School system sucks unless you pay to get into the few good ones around here. Everyone's racist and closed minded. Cost of living is cheap. Damn near everyone is a pill head. Meth labs are everywhere. Buuuuut it's pretty lol
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:36 PM
I live near Chattanooga. We have mountains and valleys. Summers are hot with lots of humidity, most winters are mild. There is lots of pollen. Cost of living us fairly low. Gas is currently around $2.99-$3.10 depending on whether you mind alcohol in it. Sales tax is .089, no state tax. In this area there are jobs. We have had several businesses move here in the last few years. Volkswagen, Amazon and a few others. We have mostly good schools depending on what area. Our towns have good growth. Crime isn't bad in most areas although there are a few places I wouldn't go at nights and gang activity has grown in the last few years.
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:37 PM
Hey neighbor. Come on back and see us lol.

Quoting Anonymous: I stayed in Cleveland a very small town back in 06 then stayed in Athens costs of everything were pretty much the same as everywhere else, I was there about a yr temps were muggy in the summer but had pretty scenery the ocoee and hiwassieee rivers are beautiful
mandaday
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:39 PM
The scenery here is beautiful. We have the smoky mountains. The climate is pretty mild. Some of the schools are pretty decent, but you have to check around. Some districts really suck. The cost of living is pretty low, housing is very reasonable. It is a college town, which means a decent night life, and there are a lot of restaurants.

Quoting Anonymous: Not sure yet, so tell me about your area

Quoting mandaday: What part? I'm in east Tennessee, near Knoxville. This area is nothing like Nashville or Memphis.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured